Petrichor @ 5/10/2013 16:22 commented on Seal Lady Running

Lovelove the hair bounce! And the other bounce too ;D Her hips are darling, kudos for giving her shape.

Petrichor @ 5/10/2013 16:19 commented on So Many Animals - Redux

Gasp! Who are you on Gaia? :D

Petrichor @ 5/10/2013 07:42 commented on Fish On (v2)

I can't stop staring at this. It's mesmerizing. Both for... what it is, haha, and because the whole thing is so spectacularly-done!

Petrichor @ 5/10/2013 00:42 commented on So Many Animals - Redux

Indeed, dog shark! It was named a "shuppy" by the person who requested it.

Petrichor @ 5/9/2013 18:35 commented on mirrors

Oh wow, the palette here is phenom!

Petrichor @ 5/9/2013 16:35 commented on Big Bird

And still will, fair warning :(

Petrichor @ 5/9/2013 15:33 commented on Big Bird

Hey Manu :) Long time no see!

Petrichor @ 5/9/2013 15:05 commented on Big Bird

*peeps in*

Petrichor @ 11/24/2011 00:01 commented on BPAL - Sunbird

I agree! I think it works for the tiny obsessive fandom it's aimed at--a BPAL fan would probably recognize it immediately (or actually does, I tried it on a few!)--but standing alone it is impossible to decipher what that is even after you look at the photograph. I definitely think you're right and that I tried a little too hard with this one and simplifying it might have made it look better as an actual piece. There's just a lot going on as it stands :(

I think I might next try and do a version of their usual label, which is plainer and has a very distinct look. It would be easier for me to simplify that down I believe.

Petrichor @ 11/23/2011 23:58 commented on The Wanderer

Oh wow! This is great.

Petrichor @ 11/23/2011 22:45 commented on Big Bird

I wish I coulda done Secret Santa this year D: But my tiny wallet means that I will probably spend the next month making things for the people I know in real life instead of buying them things, alas.

Petrichor @ 11/1/2011 15:53 commented on Big Bird

@dumbo: that is adorable. D: Can I borrow him? We can watch the Harry Potter movies.

Petrichor @ 10/31/2011 10:19 commented on Pixel Foods

Have to agree about the square pizza, but these are great! I am obsessed with little pixelated inventory-style icons... I know they're so hard to make legible at a tiny size, as you mention. Great job :D I can tell what all of them are very easily!

My only other critique is that the line inside the jelly indicating the back of the plate runs into the highlight in a weird way... you might want to try fudging the line some? Not sure if that would help or hurt :)

Petrichor @ 10/21/2011 07:12 commented on Big Bird

The way Gaddafi met his end was disturbing and doesn't bode well for the future of Libya. He'll be perceived as a martyr. Should have been brought to trial. Uniting Libya now is going to be hard as hell.

EDIT: Also, Obama had little to nothing to do with Gaddafi's defeat. :P

Petrichor @ 10/17/2011 12:13 commented on Big Bird

:o congratulations delicious

Petrichor @ 10/17/2011 09:04 commented on Harry Corbett

I don't think it's particularly cool to deny the freedom of homage to the masses just because you happen to be well-acquainted with the source material. Theoretically my medium is unlimited too--I work in Photoshop, no one is forcing me to anti-alias anything--so does this mean that my work is also just ignorance in the disguise of nostalgia?

And in the case of the non-digital mediums we're seeing here, why do we have perceive this as something hidden under a cloak of nostalgia, rather than genuine nostalgia without fetters? Whatever the reasons for pixel art's existence, I don't see any reason for us to ridicule being intrigued by and fond of its aesthetic and wanting to interpret that aesthetic into other forms, no matter how "false" that interpretation may seem to people who bend pixels every day. To deny that the look of pixel art denotes an era--to deny that the limitations of early digital media created a distinct cultural and chronological aesthetic--is the real ignorance here. Whether or not people actually know what 8-bit means is beside the point.

Petrichor @ 10/14/2011 12:47 commented on Harry Corbett

Oh. My God. I need those shoes. Holy crap I have never wanted a pair of shoes this much in my life not even the fabled navy Chie oxfords with the cherry heel.

*fans self*

EDIT: Also, as a woman I feel compelled to note that runway fashion is not always meant to be wearable, not even the so-called Ready to Wear shows. Think of it like concept cars for clothes.

Petrichor @ 10/14/2011 12:09 commented on Big Bird

Oh my god haven't thought of iSketch in forever, I used to hang out on iSketch basically every single day drawing Good Omens fanart. *reminisce*

Petrichor @ 10/14/2011 09:44 commented on Big Bird

Heck yeah! I already got me one of them but I'ma add it to the collection.

Petrichor @ 10/13/2011 19:21 commented on Big Bird

If we're giving out useless trophies I want one. :( Give me shiny things.

Also the mirror question made my head hurt, haha.

Petrichor @ 8/8/2011 12:47 commented on LOI Starting screen

I am just gonna put my chin in my hands and stare at this for a while.

Petrichor @ 8/8/2011 06:20 commented on Big Bird

I have a wicked bad hankering to churn out some Phoenix Wright-style sprites. And maybe backgrounds too. Why do I not have more time to pixel D:

Petrichor @ 8/3/2011 15:41 commented on Big Bird

Only if you let me borrow that strawberry dress.

Petrichor @ 8/3/2011 15:38 commented on Big Bird

I hope no one's posted this that I just missed, but I feel every female PJ member needs to invest in a pair of these. And maybe some of the guys too, I don't judge: http://i.imgur.com/Xgyep.jpg

Petrichor @ 7/27/2011 06:33 commented on Walk Cycle

I cannot wait to see more from this, the aesthetic is just perfect and right up my alley.