PJ Official Owlboy Poster Competition

There's only a few days until Owlboy -a game from DPad Studios founded by PJ member Snake- is released! In this special competition, we want you to design your own Owlboy poster. While you can use character designs and locations from Owlboy, you have to pixel everything yourself, including the title.

Top three entrants will win a copy of the game plus unique tropies for their profiles.

• Please post your entries with labels beginning with "Owlboy Comp".
  • This is not a weekly challenge, so don't tick the weekly challenge box.
  • Size: 250 x 140 (horizontal).
  • Animation not allowed.
  • Transparency not allowed.
  • 32 colours max.
  • Any logo or logotype design must belong to you.
  • No copy pasting sprites or other assets from the game.
  • Multiple submissions are allowed.
  • The winners will be chosen by PJ mods and selected judges. Judges will not be able to participate in the contest.
  • Contest is open until 10th of November.
  • Top three entrants will win a copy of Owlboy, plus a unique Owlboy competition trophy (more entries may be awarded with an honorable mention).

Posted by Gecimen @ 10/19/2016 05:08  |    17

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/10/2016 00:40

It'll be open until end of today, 22:20 hours from now.

Louieme (Level 1 Rookie) @ 11/8/2016 15:31

what time does it end? what time zone? :o

Edit: nvm - I'm a dumbass, It's forum time duh @.@

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/7/2016 06:14

Just like normal pixel art submission, just type Owlboy comp in the title.

Wakarytecho (Level 1 Rookie) @ 11/6/2016 03:11

How and/or where do I submit my entry?

Mrmo Tarius (Level 10 Master Sniper) @ 11/1/2016 01:58

Unfortunately I won't have time to finish this, so I'm plopping it here for now :D

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 10/31/2016 18:02

@dimwiddy; sure.

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 10/31/2016 18:01

@Serbirus; as with all pixeljoint challenges, using preexisting material is forbidden...

DimWiddy (Level 2 Kukyu) @ 10/29/2016 21:37

Would we still be allowed to put our works up on RedBubble and such?

Serbirus (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 10/28/2016 18:15

Quick question:

Is it okay to use a pre-existing sprite/asset in our poster? I have a Gawk sprite I already made (NOT directly from the  game's assets so it doesn't break the rules) before the contest was announced that fits really well in the piece I'm making.

Louieme (Level 1 Rookie) @ 10/27/2016 20:48

so cool! I heard of this game a long time ago

Serbirus (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 10/26/2016 14:35

Can't wait to see all the entries at the end of the contest, and wish everyone the best of luck!

flatpackjack (Level 1 Rookie) @ 10/26/2016 14:09

Hey Pixel Joint, Thanks for hosting this. Owlboy looks to be a ton of fun and their "hi-bit" graphics are simply phenomenal.

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 10/26/2016 03:34

Title would be awesome but keywords will help us search too.

eishiya (Level 6 SWAT) @ 10/24/2016 05:56

Excellent, thanks for clearing that up. I hope I can find the time to participate, this time of year's busy for me.

Edit: What is a "label" on PJ? Is that the title, or the keywords?

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 10/24/2016 04:02

They will not be used. PJ, D-Pad (and anyone else who wants) may post a news item showing the winners, but that's it.

eishiya (Level 6 SWAT) @ 10/21/2016 08:16

Will the entries be used anywhere outside of PJ (i.e. for promoting Owlboy or PJ), or will the submissions only be seen as part of this competition?

Mrmo Tarius (Level 10 Master Sniper) @ 10/21/2016 05:12

Oh hellz yes. I've been waiting for this game for a long time!!! I have to participate in this O_O

Sanctuary icon/pixelartWanja icon/pixelartFrost Rose icon/pixelartWoman and Blue Damask icon/pixelart