Pixel Art Challenge: Change of Mind

It's that time of year again. Fool us this week by depicting a subject matter that you dislike/hate.

Canvas Size - Max 180 (width) x 120 (height).
Colours - Max 10.
Transparency - Optional.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by skamocore @ 3/30/2015 00:01  |    15

Scarodactyl (Level 8 Marshal) @ 4/2/2015 12:41

Apologies to cure or anyone else reading; I could have been clearer on what specifically I was talking about.  I commented on this last year and the year before too, so I didn't want to make my serial whining too overstated.  The original April fools tradition of imitating another artist's style was something I always cherished and enjoyed.  It is in my opinion the perfect combination of an open-ended prompt with a strong thematic connection across the entries, and always ended up with a lot of great and interesting pieces.  Plus it's a great educational exercise to look at the nuts and bolts of how other artists get results.  Sure, you can do that any time you choose, but I've done it and it's just not the same somehow.
I'm really not meaning to disparage this particular prompt and I certainly don't have anything against skamocore for picking it.  I'm just sad that once again this year I won't get to see my favorite challenge in the whole wide world.

CELS (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 4/1/2015 13:28

Sorry, I don't follow. My comment was directed at skamocore, since I didn't really understand what Redshrike was talking about until I read skamocore's reply. Apparently, the normal challenge this time of year is imitating other artists. Which I haven't done before, but it sounds really fun. So since it's not happening this year, I look forward to the next one. That's all.

Maybe my comment came off as sarcastic? Otherwise, I'm not sure what the confusion is :)

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 4/1/2015 12:03

I did in fact. The "reply/parent" feature does wonders for contextualizing comments.

edit: to clarify- if you reply to skamocore (or redshrike) by using the 'reply' option, everyone knows you're replying to that particular post. without a parent button, it's a fair assumption that your comment is a direct response to the news post, especially given that half a dozen comments separate your response from the comment you're replying to.

CELS (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 4/1/2015 11:22

@cure: Probably because you didn't read the comments below mine ;)

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 4/1/2015 10:53

I didn't read anything about imitating another artist...

CELS (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 3/31/2015 17:29

Imitating another pixel artist sounds like heaps of fun. Maybe next time.

Mr.Fahrenheit (Level 6 Serial Killer) @ 3/31/2015 13:15

damn it adrawingman, I was thinking of that!

skittle (Level 9 Nidan) @ 3/31/2015 11:40

You could draw something that you do like, but say you don't like it. Then people would be fooled :P

agirreb (Level 1 Rookie) @ 3/31/2015 10:21

Sorry, I don't get it. How can I fool you drawing something I don't like? Can you explain it a bit, please? I just wanted classic april fool's pranks... sniff...

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 3/30/2015 18:24

I definitely get what you're saying, but I'd rather have different kinds of challenges for April Fools' day. Having said that, maybe next year we'll go back to imitating another artist.

Think of this one to be more of a personal challenge than anything else.

ParkerBabyDiaperCompany (Level 4 Team Leader) @ 3/30/2015 14:16

I don't get exactly how someone will be fooled.

Jinn (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/30/2015 13:42

I could draw a naked man... Hmm, no

Scarodactyl (Level 8 Marshal) @ 3/30/2015 11:02

Alas, once again my favorite challenge is snubbed.  This one is an interesting idea, but I don't think it really works for an artist like me--nobody would know my work well enough to recognize it in the first place, so the fun of fooling someone is right out.  It would be interesting to see one of the PJ fixtures do it, though.

MrBeast (Level 3 Sergeant) @ 3/30/2015 06:10

Oh you, using psychology on us!

Eggy (Level 4 Deputy) @ 3/30/2015 01:45

This challenge is way too perfect for me to pass up. I'm not very confident though both because I haven't practiced pixel art much and because the thing I hate that I want to depict managed to mentally scar me so bad that I can barely tolerate it. But I'll try anyway.

Almost time to wake up icon/pixelartetails/ icon/pixelartSelfie <3 icon/pixelartSamurai icon/pixelart