2400 MS-DOS games playable from browser

The Internet Archive has just archived 2400 MS-DOS games in a repository. All of these games are playable via stream in any browser with save / load options included. There are many highlights, what is yours?

Posted by Gecimen @ 1/8/2015 06:15  |    11

BathMaster_2000 (Level 5 Assistant Manager) @ 1/11/2015 06:55

that's one pretty solid list there.

Dr D (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 1/9/2015 18:23

Yeah, especially the title theme, part of the reason I love the game so much haha.

Zizka (Level 10 Operative) @ 1/9/2015 03:51

One Must Fall music was so awesome!

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 1/8/2015 19:08

Ne demek hocam :)

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 1/8/2015 19:07

It's only yesterdays news so...

My highlight, among all the others is Heimdall. Such a great game and I'm so happy to be able to play it again.

Dr D (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 1/8/2015 18:38
  • Tyrian (Shmup)
  • One Must Fall 2097 (Fighter)
  • Syndicate (Iso - Strategy w/ 4 units)
  • Burntime (Survival/Strategy)
  • Little Big Adventure (Iso - adventure)

Some of my favorite games from my childhood and I would definitely recommend, next to some of the other DOS greats like Doom, X-Com, Wolfenstein, Descent, etc. Give them a try if you haven't.

Awesome find.

Theoden (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 1/8/2015 13:38

Thank you for letting us know!

DawnBringer (Level 10 Maniac) @ 1/8/2015 12:30

Wolfenstein crashed Opera! :(

...but it worked in FF until something bugged out and I was stuck in a wall with gfx-errors. Not sure if it was the game or the implementation.

Well, cool they got this (almost) working in browsers...

HZoltan (Level 6 Major) @ 1/8/2015 10:01

There's Commander Keen! It's a simple game, but brings back some many memories :D Thanks for sharing the info!

Zizka (Level 10 Operative) @ 1/8/2015 09:13

What an awesome initiative. I'll need to check if those old Apogee games are up there.

CELS (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 1/8/2015 07:13

Centurion - Defender of Rome is up there for me. It's one of the many 1990's strategy games that modern game designers have been unable or unwilling to replicate or emulate.

Anyone who likes strategy games and hasn't played Centurion should definitely check it out.

Flesh icons icon/pixelartOmega Legion - Martyr Infantry icon/pixelartAngel Pixel Charm icon/pixelartKnight icon/pixelart