Pixel-Logic: a visual pixelart guide

Frario has started a really cool project on Indiegogo!

I don't know why he hasn't asked to have this posted on Pixel Joint (or maybe he has?), and while he's already crushed his original goal, I think the project deserves more attention.

To sum it up simply: he wants to make some really in-depth pixel art tutorials. The video on the Indiegogo page is worth watching for the animations alone, but it also does a great job of outlining what he hopes to accomplish with his guide.

I think a lot of people on Pixel Joint know him as the guy who makes some really cool and detailed animations. And the guy who does the show cards for JonTron's Youtube Videos. Aside from that though, I think his work speaks for itself, and I'd love to see the kind of knowledge that he'd be able to share if his project got a little more funding. :)

Posted by Blackbeltdude @ 12/15/2014 23:14  |    14

HZoltan (Level 6 Major) @ 12/29/2014 14:28

I contributed. I hope I can see your work soon!

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 12/26/2014 14:17

You got much more money! I hope this means much more guest artists :)

Janiskeisari (Level 2 Quiet One) @ 12/23/2014 14:11

Seems  pretty awesome, I will be sure to contribute. As a beginner artist, I've been struggling to find good in-depth tutorials.

Frario (Level 6 Made) @ 12/22/2014 07:06

I know little about Atari's and Commodore 64's. I'd rather let an expert talk about them than doing bad justice to them, y'know?. That's also why I have some contributing artists. This isn't about western vs. japanese nor their drawing style. It's a just an overview. :)

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 12/22/2014 01:11

No I don't mean PC's... I mean the 8 and 16 bit home computers such as the Amstrad, Spectrum, C64, Amiga, Atari ST.  I generally preferred western art styles to japanese for a lot of things (not in all cases but a lot)

WredColon (Level 1 Rookie) @ 12/21/2014 17:05

contributed. good job.

Frario (Level 6 Made) @ 12/21/2014 12:53

Do you mean 80's/90's PC gaming? I can't analyse every single game out there, but the PC and the Arcade machines were always a step ahead of the consoles, so I'm only gonna talk about style and techniques, NOT the game itself or the history.

Frario (Level 6 Made) @ 12/21/2014 12:51

Hey! Thanks for featuring the project :D I didn't post it on Pixeljoint yet cause i was afraid it might not do too well. Thanks for the support!

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 12/21/2014 02:18

Is all the history stuff about japanese console games?   I was more inspired by the european home computers in general.

Dr D (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 12/20/2014 23:44

I like this. We need more stuff like this to help pixel art grow. Good luck.

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 12/20/2014 13:48

Awesome!! Good luck Frario!

White Red Eye (Level 1 Intern) @ 12/20/2014 05:17

Thanks for sharing.  I'll kick a few bucks their way for sure :)

Sergiotron (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 12/20/2014 03:24

That's amazing! I'll try to contribute next week

Skull (Level 11 CEO) @ 12/19/2014 09:27

Contributed. :)

We'll ignore Indiegogo for de-selecting my perks when I signed in to pay; real snazzy site design.

Treant walk cycle icon/pixelartidle icon/pixelartKaklasian Jungle Fighter icon/pixelartApple Tree icon/pixelart