Pixel Art Challenge: Magic vs. Tech

Create a full-bodied sprite of an original character that is either casting magic or using a technologically advanced weapon.

If you choose to make a magic user, your sprite must be wearing something purple and facing to the right -->

If you choose to make a tech user, your sprite must be wearing something cyan and facing to the left <--

Who will win? Well, it's up to you.

Canvas Size - Max 64 x 64.
Colours - Max 16. Transparency counts as a colour.
Transparency - Required.
Animation - No.

Posted by skamocore @ 12/15/2014 00:01  |    16

HZoltan (Level 6 Major) @ 12/21/2014 07:44

This is the most misunderstood weekly challenge, as I see :D

White Red Eye (Level 1 Intern) @ 12/21/2014 04:19

Love this idea BM

BathMaster_2000 (Level 5 Assistant Manager) @ 12/16/2014 04:30

oh, just some minecraft competition among a big youtube group, called mindcrack. here's the link to their subreddit: reddit.com/r/mindcrack

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 12/16/2014 02:51

Nope, just coincidence, what's that competition anyways?

BathMaster_2000 (Level 5 Assistant Manager) @ 12/15/2014 15:11

...hmm, does this have anything to do with the color scheme of a similar competition? perhaps, this?

RBL (Level 2 Quiet One) @ 12/15/2014 13:59

2 submited!

Uncle_B (Level 3 Stalker) @ 12/15/2014 12:52

As to tech users, by "technologically advanced weapons" you mean actual/existing ones? Or does sci-fi stuff count as well?

BathMaster_2000 (Level 5 Assistant Manager) @ 12/15/2014 08:29

that isn't what I was going to say, although it is possible that something like that will be seen.

Instead, I was thinking that someone could possibly compile all entries into a single piece, making the two sides fight each other. That was my guess from the explanation of why the entries have to face a certain way.

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 12/15/2014 06:10

Yes. You can submit as many entries as you like.

derSteiner (Level 6 SWAT) @ 12/15/2014 05:54

Why not both? :D Ok, rules are rules.

Petruszka (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 12/15/2014 05:39

Can one user submit two items for the same weekly challenge? That would be nice to make two in this case.

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 12/15/2014 04:29

Start from scratch. All entries should be started and completed within the week.

Zizka (Level 10 Operative) @ 12/15/2014 04:24

I started a sprite before the challenge (it was a wip and it still is). Can I adapt it to this week's challenge or do I need to start from scratch in order to participate ? Since I'm not that advanced I figured I would ask since I'm not sure if that would be accepted or not.

Crimso (Level 3 Corporate Drone) @ 12/15/2014 04:19

I think it'd actually be pretty interesting to see which one has more submissions, since magic and futuristic weaponry are both equally rad things to sprite.

Unless, of course, that's not what you're talking about...

BathMaster_2000 (Level 5 Assistant Manager) @ 12/15/2014 04:09

Well, it's pretty obvious what someone's going to do when everyone has finished their piece.

Goblin Lass icon/pixelartKdF-Wagen advertisement icon/pixelartOldStuff2 icon/pixelartTreant walk cycle icon/pixelart