Octopus City Blues Demo

Ghost in a Bottle has recently released a demo for Octopus City Blues, a 2D adventure game set in a city built around a giant octopus.

Octopus City Blues is scheduled for release in 2015 and will be available on Windows, Linux, OS X, and mobile platforms. The game was funded in a Kickstarter campaign over a year ago. The demo covers the first story mission in the game and has multiple story paths and endings based on player's choices. The demo can be downloaded through the following link and is available for Windows, OS X and Linux: http://ghost-in-a-bottle.itch.io/octopus-city-blues

We will apreciate possible bug reports and a sincere criticism. Enjoy!

Posted by Marina @ 10/20/2014 07:12  |    8

Marina (Level 9 Necrophiliac) @ 11/2/2014 08:20

!!!

We are really glad that you get that much endings! About the spinning dash, it will be useful in the full version. We add this on the demo to give a little touch of humor :P

I think firas slow it down at the end for people not to use it all the time and focus on the game mechanics.

Thank you very much for playing!

king_bobston (Level 10 Capo) @ 11/2/2014 01:59

I enjoyed the art and humor the most, they also fit each other. Bad Knees and the Professor are my favorite.  So far I got the A1, B1, B2 and C2 endings.

The dash/roll seems a bit useless, I don't know how it will be in the finished version. Giving some kind of feedback for how charged it is, seems like a good idea to me. The slowdown at the end of the roll seems to negate any speed advantages.

albertov (Level 4 Button Man) @ 11/1/2014 08:51

Good luck with this!!

Marina (Level 9 Necrophiliac) @ 11/1/2014 08:26

Yes, this is one of the things that we are trying to fix. Making clear the entrances and exits from the scenes. Thanks for playing!

RileyFiery (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 10/31/2014 19:27

The music and art are wonderful. It took me awhile to find the mansion in the top right of the town. I randomly stumbled on it trying to inspect the wall near it. I might not have found it if it wasn't for that.

Pixelart_kid (Level 6 SWAT) @ 10/31/2014 17:55

Muy bueno el juego, como los clásicos Click & point de pc, animaciones bellisima y un mundo bastante bizarro.

Marina tú arte es awesome

Marina (Level 9 Necrophiliac) @ 10/31/2014 08:02

Thanks! Right now we are working on some improvements. We actually removed a lot of content in the demo and this confused many people. I will also need to improve the scene's designs for they not to be too confusing and find the entrance or the exit of each more easily.

We will solve all this for the full game version :)

One advice is you all try to use "gossip" with the NPC's inside the game. I warn that there are many ways to finish the demo, and there's even a little hidden boss.

Zizka (Level 10 Operative) @ 10/31/2014 07:03

Good job on releasing the first demo, Marina.

ChupacabraGirlMotion icon/pixelartPortraits N2 icon/pixelartMore unused SOS stuff icon/pixelartOldStuff icon/pixelart