Pixel Art Webcomic

Super Pixel Quest is an html-based comic created by Manjaman.

It's a highly influenced by early computer graphics, Piranesi's engravings, and goofy videogames from the 90s.

He would be happy to know your opinion!
Link : http://superpixelquest.com/

Posted by Manjaman @ 7/7/2014 04:37  |    25

Manjaman (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 8/4/2014 17:00

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks, everyone !
It feels amazing to read so much positive comments !

I can only agree with the comments about the web interface being too damn heavy.
I have like zero knowledge in advanced web programming, so I tried to do my best with basic html tools, but it's far from being perfect. Maybe I'll get back into it someday to smooth things out. For the time being, let's say the old-fashioned interface matches the retro-looking aesthetic (I know... it's a petty excuse).

I'm happy some of you seem to be so interested in webcomics and new forms of comic reading. I'm really curious about similar experimental comics you may know, please feel free to come and talk about that with me via mp !
In France, we have a few people really trying to play around with the new possibilities web displaying can bring to comics (among others, Anthony Rageul stands out -don't worry about the french titles, the stories are mute - and the webzine Professeur Cyclope aswell - you should check it out even though it's entirely in French-).

Do you guys know about similar attempts ?

Anw, see you around ! (and sorry for being so late to answer)

surt (Level 11 Godfather) @ 7/12/2014 19:17

Very cool, but could do with preloading the panels of the next page and keyboard page navigation for a smoother experience.

caca (Level 2 Kukyu) @ 7/12/2014 15:36

The character looks a lot like the protagonist from The Neverhood.

On dirait le protagoniste de "The Neverhood".

Beau travail.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 7/11/2014 12:23

Not quite the same experience but try this link

Sergiotron (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 7/11/2014 09:48

Thanks Jal, but my problem might be related to my location or something. I'll have to call my ISP.

This is what I get: http://i.stack.imgur.com/iIopt.png

Ergg (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 7/11/2014 06:54

Gros gg à toi Manja ;)

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 7/11/2014 05:27

@Sergiotron did you click the arrows? You have to use them to scroll thru the whole thing.

Sergiotron (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 7/11/2014 03:29

I can't I see it!  I've tried with Chrome and IE on my PC and Chrome and Safari on my iPad. No luck at all! It doesn't load... and I'm really curious based on the super-positive comments here :(

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 7/11/2014 03:12

super fun!

Stickman (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 7/11/2014 00:20

Absolutely brilliant!

CraftyPixeI (Level 1 Intern) @ 7/10/2014 23:06

- Perfect. -

|||| (Level 8 Marshal) @ 7/10/2014 15:33

Loved it so much. Comics and pixels coming together perfectly.

A2J2TIWARI (Level 4 Murderer) @ 7/10/2014 14:40

The comic was unbelievably beautiful! I couldn't believe how much the artist did in just two colours! I have no word sire! You are great! The comic was interesting till the last but the pixelated formated, and that two in just 2 colours was astonishing and made it even better!

Thank you for posting this!

Christoballs (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 7/10/2014 09:45

this was better than i thought it'd be.  ça fait plaisir de te voir revenir avec des pixels ! :)

Mathias (Level 5 Rokkyu) @ 7/10/2014 08:41

What a project. Way to go.

Imagician (Level 5 Rokkyu) @ 7/10/2014 06:47

Hilarious, I love it! :D

The B.O.B. (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 7/9/2014 15:02

Kinda' neat. Would benefit from some interactive flash fused with it, that way the web page isn't changing every click, and makes the transition to each frame/panel much more smoother.

Altourus (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 7/9/2014 12:27

Cool

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 7/9/2014 09:59

Write it up, Fugure out the rules and stuff and send it in.

sgtcrispy (Level 4 Team Leader) @ 7/9/2014 09:58

Well that was awesome. :)

skittle (Level 9 Nidan) @ 7/9/2014 09:52

Mindblowingly awesome! It would be kind of cool to do a animated story collab (instead of an iso one) like this on here.

king_bobston (Level 10 Capo) @ 7/9/2014 07:25

Everything fits so well together, style, story and storytelling it's amazing, exciting and lovely!

As Hapiel said, makes me wanna try, too!

Manupix (Level 11 Godfather) @ 7/9/2014 05:45

Hé Manja, longtemps pas vu!!! Excellent ce comic

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 7/9/2014 05:38

This is amazing. At first the artwork, but also the artform! Web comics should use the benefit of being on the web, and you did that perfectly!
It makes me, and probably many others, want to brainstorm about how this idea could be used in other ways..

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 7/9/2014 04:58

Probably the best pixel comic anywhere!

Belinda, fanart from AFK Arena icon/pixelartGhibli Tea Set icon/pixelartMinotaur icon/pixelartRecycled Conscript icon/pixelart