Midora- Back on Kickstarter...for good!

After several months of work and a few issues such as artist or developers being sick, we finally made it!
Midora is now back on Kickstarter, and we have great plans for the game. But we need your help!

Midora is a 2D action-adventure game, inspired by many classics such as The Legend of Zelda and Secret of Mana. We are looking for $60,000 to finish the game and release it on PC, Mac and Linux in summer 2015. Fellow artist Jiang from PixelJoint has been working for the past year on this project with the team, and we're proud of his work. Help us make this game a reality!

Link to the campaign page: http://kck.st/1ljmvH8
Even if you can't pledge, spreading the word and sharing the tiny link above helps us greatly, so please consider doing so!

Posted by Mhyre @ 6/16/2014 11:43  |    25

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 6/21/2014 10:25

A part of the zelda fanbase.  I loved Link to the Past and the Gameboy (colour) Zeldas (I regard Link's Awakening as one of my fave games ever) but everything else in the franchise left me cold.  Couldn't get into Minish Cap at all and part of that was the graphics.  They're nicely done if you're into that style.  I am reeeeeally not.

Zizka (Level 10 Operative) @ 6/21/2014 05:44

I don't find the resemblance to Zelda *that* shocking personally.

Also, dev' offer whatever it is customers want (a great part of them anyway). They're definitely tapping into the Zelda fanbase. It's a commercially sound practice. Not super original or groundbreaking but a good strategic choice.

Delicious (Level 9 Boss) @ 6/20/2014 20:38

Oh, also - Those item icons are one of the best I've ever seen.

Khodu (Level 1 Rookie) @ 6/20/2014 03:58

Yeah no problem. Its definately very difficult. I remember getting it when I was younger and me and my brother would get so lost and perhaps get to some hard areas before I was ready. But I rented it at least 5 times because it was so fun and challenging.

Delicious (Level 9 Boss) @ 6/19/2014 16:20

The game is inspired from Zelda, the graphics were intended to look similar. Zelda fans should appreciate what was done here.

Good luck with the kickstarter!

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 6/19/2014 13:33

Heya, I bought Herc on the PSN Store.  Good game.  I may need to find me a faq for it cos I got a bit stuck but yeah I'm enjoying it.   Thanks for letting me know about it. :)

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 6/19/2014 11:22

Nothing new under the sun. I loved Minish Cap's art style, so I'm ok with seeing more of it, especially when it's done well.

Friend (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 6/19/2014 08:50

Laughably unoriginal graphics. Everything is directly lifted from minish cap.  Not understanding the arguments that it isn't or that it looks like an improvement upon minish cap. It looks like a carbon copy almost...

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 6/19/2014 07:44

Wow.  No I hadn't heard of that game before.  Watching a video review of it now on Youtube.  Looks pretty good (and refreshingly western in terms of style as opposed to all the usual japanese ones).  And it seems it got put on the US PSN a few months ago.  Will need to buy a US PSN voucher code online and log onto my US PSN account (my main account is UK and we don't have the game).    Wait.. it's two player as well?   :O

Khodu (Level 1 Rookie) @ 6/19/2014 07:25

It was mostly the icon sheets i saw that reminded me. The Oasis games were awesome and yeah I agree, I want badly to see a larger protagonist. Have you ever played Herc's Adventures? That was an amazing game. Great art and a prime example of taking the top down style and twisting it with a ton of originality..

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 6/19/2014 07:10

I wish.  I really enjoyed Beyond Oasis (I have it on PS3's Mega Drive Collection as Story of Thor). I loved how that game had far more realistically proportioned sprites than you usually get in these kinds of games and the combat felt so satisfying because of it.   I had hoped there would be more like that but most people still seem to prefer playing as characters that look like toddlers.

Khodu (Level 1 Rookie) @ 6/19/2014 05:45

If anything I'd compare the art to Beyond Oasis/Legend of oasis. I think the art is well done and much better though in Midora. Looking forward to this project :)  Edit: I did look at that Minish zelda and I can definately see the similarities in the trees mainly. Never played the game though.

-DE- (Level 11 General) @ 6/19/2014 05:35

Kind of shameless to lift another game's art style outright, but what can you do - bootleg remakes of oldschool hits sell better!

Bitslap (Level 6 Manager) @ 6/19/2014 01:00

Just read on the kickstarter page about the "art controversy". I wonder what kind of people wants to undermine this game by claiming the assets are rfom  Zelda: The Minish Cap. I mean, this game looks better than Zelda. I hope this is not coming from fellow game developers =/

Bitslap (Level 6 Manager) @ 6/18/2014 23:55

This is one of those top tier pixel art games. Funding when i get home!

CraftyPixeI (Level 1 Intern) @ 6/18/2014 22:39

- I LOVE Zelda, this is okay, I mean it's good, but I love Zelda :p, don't think this can beat it >:P. Just being honest. Think this will be a good game though! -

_Connor (Level 5 Assistant Manager) @ 6/18/2014 22:31

@ Crafty. Way better than Zelda =p. This game will give Nintendo a run for their money.

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 6/18/2014 15:14

Really hope this get's funded, one of the most beautiful pixel art games I've ever seen!

Daruda (Level 4 Button Man) @ 6/18/2014 12:10

Waiting this since I discovered it! ;D

CraftyPixeI (Level 1 Intern) @ 6/18/2014 09:37

- Looks great, but extremely close to zelda o. o -

Damian (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 6/18/2014 06:21

Backed, loving everything about this game, from art to music. Good luck guys.

Zizka (Level 10 Operative) @ 6/18/2014 03:55

Your presentation is really top notch, well done.

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 6/18/2014 01:39

Too cutesy for me but good luck.  I'm still waiting for a darker less-kiddy Mana/Zelda-like.

skittle (Level 9 Nidan) @ 6/17/2014 20:22

Wow, the pixel art is pretty glorious, but the music is also really well done. Many thanks for targeting all three platforms

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 6/17/2014 19:30

Such a great looking project!

Desert forest icon/pixelartInscrutible Glyph/Scrutible Glyph icon/pixelartKdF-Wagen advertisement icon/pixelartCat Genie icon/pixelart