Adventure of Pip in Kickstarter

Adventures of Pip is a new game is published on the website of crownfunding: Kickstarter.

A platform game mixed with RPG, made ​​by the company Tic Toc games.

In game mechanics is quite interesting, especially the evolution of the character-based level up.

Posted by Pixelart_kid @ 5/13/2014 13:24  |    14

ptoing (Level 7 Underboss) @ 5/18/2014 22:13

Because FEZ invented rectangular branches. Certainly never seen that before in art, ever.

That aside. In case people are wondering who worked on this. Gustav did most if not all of the characters, Vedsten did most of the background stuff and I helped out with some of the town art.

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 5/17/2014 04:03

But it's s a design choice that puts me off wanting to play or pay for the game.  It just has a look of badly scaled inconsistent assets and while I know it's NOT that as such it still looks extremely unappealing to me.

And Fez was tedious now you mention it.

_Connor (Level 5 Assistant Manager) @ 5/16/2014 20:27

This game doesn't look or feel like it's trying to be "pixel art", and the art style/direction is really well done. Complaining about the art style for this game is like complaining about the level design in FEZ.

The "pixel" sizes are a design choice, and drive story, not art direction.

My only complaint is that everyone copies FEZ style tree toors/branches, and other bits and pieces, regardless of whether it fits the rest of the art.

EdJr (Level 9 Nidan) @ 5/16/2014 15:08

That awkward moment when you realize someone is going to get rich by merely pursuing some idea that you've had and later said "nah, it's crap". And it's not even the first or second time I see this happening with things I saw on PJ. I mean, I should be multimillionaire by now. I just.... Lack luck. And perseverance. And talent. (And creativity)

Good luck, and please listen to what CELS said!

CELS (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 5/16/2014 05:20

Good luck with the game! For me personally, the different pixel sizes didn't bother me as much as it normally does, but... using a high resolution to easily rotate low res images very much destroys the whole point of this sort of game for me. The game could still do very well though. PJ'ers represent a rather small demographic, I'd say.

Nice story, nice concept. I just wish you'd get rid of the ugly special effects

7even (Level 9 Nidan) @ 5/15/2014 14:57

If the game is fun enough and art direction is solid, I really don't care about pixel treatment. Seems it's got both :)

(although I think 90k might be very hard to get)

surt (Level 11 Godfather) @ 5/15/2014 12:51

Wot Carnivac said. While there is some nice pixel work in there the way its treated totally destroys any value in the end result.

ParkerBabyDiaperCompany (Level 4 Team Leader) @ 5/15/2014 11:28

$90,000 dollars seems a bit of an underestimation.

I think you should change your goal to $1,000,000

failureboy (Level 7 Assassin) @ 5/15/2014 10:57

That trailer music is pretty amazing.

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 5/15/2014 10:12

ehh... no.  All the mixed pixel 'sizes' just put me off completely.

RileyFiery (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 5/15/2014 09:35

That game looks wonderfully fun.

kedume (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 5/15/2014 08:23

It's similar concept to "Evoland" game but I like it. I love when the player evolves in a game.

skittle (Level 9 Nidan) @ 5/15/2014 07:08

Wow, they are really lucky to have whoever it is as their artist.

Elk (Level 5 Assistant Manager) @ 5/15/2014 07:01

Yum =)

Transference icon/pixelartJester icon/pixelartWoman and Blue Damask icon/pixelartPretty Busy - Rework icon/pixelart