Pixel Art Challenge: Police Brutality

Create an attack animation of a sprite of a security force unit. This might be any living creature or machine.

Canvas Size - Max 80 x 100. Either horizontal or vertical.
Colours - Max 12. Only use colors from this palette plus 1 more of your choice + transparency.

Transparency - Required.
Animation - Required.

Posted by skamocore @ 3/24/2014   |    12

Alix (Level 1 Rookie) @ 3/28/2014 12:31

Yes I get it. Thank you very much ;)

EdJr (Level 9 Nidan) @ 3/28/2014 12:21

Hey, in a very lazy explanation, "sprite" means: An image that can be used in different places to compose something else. People use it a lot in games, for example, using spritesheets, that is, a bigger image with all the parts of an animation. This meaning is totally different from this one. Here is the Wikipedia article in Polish.

What they want us to do, ignoring the details, is what the first sentence says: Create an attack animation with transparent background.

Understood? I hope it helped!

Arpo78 (Level 3 Sergeant) @ 3/28/2014 11:54

I was planing to make a story with city backgrounds and buildngs and stuff so i wouldn't be having any transperant space any where.

So... i guess my idea won't adjust to the requirements.

Alix (Level 1 Rookie) @ 3/28/2014 09:33

Hello, I would like to take a part in that challenge, but I've got stupid problem xD Do you mean "sprite" as elf, dwarf or what, because my dictionary gives me different translation and the same with Internet dictionary in my native language. I'm really sorry for that kind of question but i don't want to make a mistake ;)

EdJr (Level 9 Nidan) @ 3/28/2014 07:10

Actually I think you wouldn't be disallowed to make a background and leave some transparent pixel(s) in the borders just to fill the requirements, but that would be a cheat, kinda (just like using a required color in only one pixel, for example). The statement says it must be a sprite, so it's implicit that it's something that could be reused in different backgrounds. But nothing keeps you from saying that the background is part of the sprite, imo =p

As the mods usually say, in case of doubt, use common sense!

Negrulho (Level 1 Rookie) @ 3/26/2014 18:47

MASSA

mrcattears (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 3/26/2014 09:45

cool - I'm going to attempt this :)

Arpo78 (Level 3 Sergeant) @ 3/24/2014 21:27

The transparency required means no background?

Dastal (Level 3 Hatchet Man) @ 3/24/2014 10:27

Weird palette for a sprite challenge, dunno If I enter this one.

Arpo78 (Level 3 Sergeant) @ 3/24/2014 06:28

lack of blue for a police challenge, if i may say so

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 3/24/2014 02:48

If you can define a plant as a security (police, soldier, guard etc.) force, then go for it.

Tricxta (Level 4 Mercenary) @ 3/24/2014 01:50

I notice creature is stated, does this mean plants are excluded?

Player1Robot icon/pixelartProfile Pic 2019 icon/pixelartSpace police icon/pixelartClassic Dungeon Entrance icon/pixelart