Kickstarter: Duelyst

The creators of Diablo III, Ratchet & Clank and Rogue Legacy bring you a new tactical turn-based fighting game, with a wide range of units and strong universe.

Enjoy the fabulous artworks, the pixelart heroes and special effects, the deep gameplay, awesome music and, if you're this kind of guy, the collector miniatures :)

No grinding, more than a hundred units and skills, varied squads and factions, and a helllot of strategy. Get ready for Duelyst!

Posted by Okojo @ 3/11/2014 03:20  |    6

Naraxis (Level 1 Rookie) @ 3/16/2014 19:47

That looked awesome.

CELS (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 3/16/2014 03:59

I'm so backing this game. I agree with Adarias that the art style is a bit "new school" and what I like to call ADD RPG ("Look at this big sword! Look at these huge shoulder pads! Look at these bulging muscles!")  but I have to support any game that reinvigorates old school gameplay with old school graphics in an interesting way, instead of being another unoriginal shooter or platform clone.

Adarias (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 3/15/2014 19:48
Looks gorgeous.

Small downside -- I got wicked exctied for a split second that someone was actually drawing inspiration from Songhai.  Then I realized that instead of a golden empire hidden deep within Africa, surrounded by desert but blooming with life and wealth along the banks of the river Niger ... they went with a super-generic faux-eastasian theme, complete with robot-thundercat.  lame.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/15/2014 19:05

It is 7even's art.

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 3/15/2014 19:03

Looks like the pixel art is by 7even

skittle (Level 9 Nidan) @ 3/15/2014 18:43

Wow, the concept art is gorgous. The thing that throws me off is that there's so many games with beautiful art and backdrops but you can't go there. Incredible art, but it makes me kind of sad that it's turnbased, almost like an interactive piece of art, not a world :(

Not saying that it won't be fun or anything like that.

ghost icon/pixelartSprite God icon/pixelartmoloko icon/pixelartwet space icon/pixelart