Kickstarter: Inexistence

After a few months (and loads of man hours) translating, tweaking and improving the game and polishing the pixels, we are finally satisfied enough with the project to submit it to Kickstarter.

We were happy to find out the game was approved and are now promoting the campaign to reach our goal. We’ve decided to set the price for the full game to US$5.

Here’s the link:

Thank you in advance for your support. Wish us luck!

Posted by Zizka @ 3/8/2014 08:45  |    9

Zizka (Level 10 Operative) @ 3/11/2014 11:22

I said I would appreciate it but I don't believe in forcing people to do what I want. If you think I'm being unreasonable in my request, then you're free to do whatever you want.

king_bobston (Level 10 Capo) @ 3/11/2014 10:53

No fun allowed

Zizka (Level 10 Operative) @ 3/11/2014 04:43

I would appreciate if this wouldn't turn into a debate about  the ethical nature of a KickStarter campaign please.

CELS (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 3/10/2014 20:15

@ParkerBabyDiaperCompany: For many reasons, I would think. To be honest, there aren't too many things left in this world to be embarassed about. But one of the reasons it's socially acceptable to ask people for money to develop computer games is because many people have rejected the established gaming industry, where small developers have previously been unable to keep up with the big corporations. Much like the movie industry, people are tired of watered down, unoriginal products (Call of Duty 39: Now in Smell-O-Vision) based on the lowest common denominator, with very little artistic merit or soul, engineered only to generate as much income as possible. So people are willing to give away money to reverse, or at least slow down, the trend. Which makes it less embarassing to ask for it.

I'm not saying that all the billion indie platform games out there are original, creative, beautiful art, communicating something uniquely personal and deep. Most of them are just cheap NES-era clones, mindlessly feeding off nostalgia. But that's my answer to your question.

ParkerBabyDiaperCompany (Level 4 Team Leader) @ 3/10/2014 08:31

I don't care enough to ask him; I just think it's in poor taste to solicit such an amount from pixel artists.

What happened to people being embarrassed to ask for money? Why is it socially acceptable now?

Zizka (Level 10 Operative) @ 3/9/2014 15:42

That's not me in the video, it's Jonathan, the main dev. As for the amount, ask him :). Or better yet, all of your money are belong to us.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/9/2014 10:14

...and why does he keep his shoes on the top of the cabinet o.O

ParkerBabyDiaperCompany (Level 4 Team Leader) @ 3/9/2014 09:29

Why do you need $30,000?

CELS (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 3/9/2014 08:35

Does anyone think Zizka's casual removal of his glasses during the start of the video was a carefully planned and choreographed action? Because I do. I call shenanigans on this whole game. If he was just faking the removal of the glasses, what else could he be lying about? We could be funding some sort of french-Canadian separatist army.

The game looks good though.

Candle Handler icon/pixelartmy avatar icon/pixelartLu icon/pixelartTheseus icon/pixelart