Rogue Legacy on Steam

Rogue Legacy, a game by Cellar Door Games and PJer 7even has been recently released on Steam (Desura, GoG and Gamersgate too)!

It's a 2D platformer "rogue-lite" where anyone can be a hero. Each time you die, your child will succeed you. Every child is unique. One child might be colorblind, another might have tourettes - they could even be a dwarf.

You can find links for the demo here, or just watch the trailer.

Posted by 7even @ 7/7/2013 19:26  |    11

7even (Level 9 Nidan) @ 7/16/2013 09:14

Hey, I think there are some solutions on Tech support board on Steam, I've heard about the player going automatically to the left once. About the boss door, well, that's new. Are you sure about that? Sometimes I did miss some rooms. Next time it happens, please send me a screenshot :)

ultimaodin (Level 3 Corporate Drone) @ 7/15/2013 21:45

Great game, really enjoyable. I have but one complaint. Sometimes the boss doors don't appear. It always seems to be when I'm on a good run as well. did a $6500 run and needed to beat the forest boss but every room led to a dead end. It's not a surprise given the random generated nature of the castle but maybe a few tweeks on the code would be nice.

Other that I like the game a lot on the only thing that is really causing me frustration is the fact I'm using my old Xbox controller that has a habit of making my character spontaneously run to the left. (which coincidently happens 75% of the time when there are spikes to my left)

Zizka (Level 10 Operative) @ 7/12/2013 21:24

Great game, played it too! Any plans for a sequel? (a bit early to ask, I know).

7even (Level 9 Nidan) @ 7/11/2013 17:34

It's 20% off for some time, by the way :)

Noburo (Level 5 Captain) @ 7/11/2013 16:44

Looks great! I just bought it!

Bitslap (Level 6 Manager) @ 7/11/2013 08:36

Great game. Great model for progression. In awe.

Raf (Level 1 Thug) @ 7/11/2013 06:39

I keep dying almost instantly too. It's so friggen hard to get a tiny bit of money to buy an upgrade! I did manage to defeat the first boss though. Only 3 or 4 more to go

Squirrelsquid (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 7/10/2013 17:16

bought it already. Good game, though thanks to the procedural nature of things, I am often left with a "wtf" impression, when my poor paladin dies in the first few rooms.

Delfos (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 7/10/2013 13:39

haha that looks totally cool. Congratulations

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 7/10/2013 13:32

Congratulations guys!

whiteRufas (Level 1 Gangster) @ 7/10/2013 13:04

Awsome!

Survivor icon/pixelartNightchiefs Ninja icon/pixelartWoman in Qipao Beside Window icon/pixelartCrossovers We Never Wanted to See, No.084: "Anne of Clark Gables" icon/pixelart