Shovel Knight on Kickstarter

A Megaman and NES tribute game.

Yacht Club Games - a new company with close ties to WayForward, has kickstarted their first game (and it's already funded!).

The team includes Manami Matsumae (the original composer of Mega Man!!) and virt, of VGMix fame!

Pixel art streams are airing on Youtube and TwitchTV, too, for anyone who wants to watch Woz's technique. =)

www.kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/shovel-knight (ends April 13th)

Posted by Innomin @ 4/4/2013 19:13  |    13

memosky24 (Level 1 Rookie) @ 4/10/2013 22:31

I present my vote YES on steam greenlight (Y). Thanks for this game.

Losm (Level 7 Mass Murderer) @ 4/10/2013 19:57

I'm so glad this is getting so much attention. It looks really, REALLY fun. It's great to see all the big name gamer Youtubers showing interest in this, and even going as far as saying it's one of the most worthwhile kickstarters to date, because I personally think it deserves it.

A great homage to all the 8-bit classics and just a great looking game in general. I'm definitely buying this when it's released. Though, I've yet to decide whether I want it one my Wii U or my 3DS.

greenraven (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 4/9/2013 16:10

Game Grumps did a thing.

Woz (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 4/6/2013 21:52

Glad you guys are excited!

Also, yes, Jake is doing the music but we just announced a collaboration with Manami Mastumae, She's the ORIGINAL Mega Man composer!!! She's a living legend!

Stickman (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 4/6/2013 13:46

I love the concept of using a shovel and will definitely be keeping my eye on this one.

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 4/6/2013 03:42

Has Jake Kaufman doing music?  Should sound great then.  Double Dragon Neon was one of my absolute fave games of last year and part of that was the excellent soundtrack.  It's been ages since I've heard any music in a game I enjoyed playing along to so much I find myself whistling while I walk down the street or copying over to my phone for long bus rides.  And yes I sing along to the Skullmageddon ending song every time. I actually got the game free as a PlayStation Plus subscriber but I did donate some money to download the soundtrack.  Anyways this game looks decent though I'd have to wait for a PS3/Vita release (hopefully crossbuy/crossplay)

Squirrelsquid (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 4/5/2013 23:45

looks great ! This seems like a very fine game for long on the go 3DS sessions.

Ottbot (Level 7 General Manager) @ 4/5/2013 23:16

Perfect! Can't wait to play it!

Woz (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 4/5/2013 21:12

It will be! It'll be on WiiU, 3DS, PC-DRM free, and Steam (if we get Greenlit)!!!!!

CraftyPixel (Level 1 Rookie) @ 4/5/2013 13:57

- This is great!!! O.O -

Ottbot (Level 7 General Manager) @ 4/5/2013 10:06

This looks incredible... I'm hoping it's released for multiple platforms, 'cause it's probably the only way I'll get to play this gem.

Elk (Level 5 Assistant Manager) @ 4/5/2013 09:17

I like this a lot ^^

Weather (Level 1 Rookie) @ 4/5/2013 07:28

awesome!

SwordswomanMaid icon/pixelartJohn Wick icon/pixelartEdward and Alphonse icon/pixelartPulse icon/pixelart