Pixel Art Challenge: Fooled You

It's April Fools' Day; so, for this week, we want you to come up with an image that looks innocent/cute from the preview but actually turns out to be something scary/creepy/unexpected . The preview image must be taken directly from part of the actual image.

Canvas Size - Unrestricted.
Colours - Max 32.
Transparency - No.
Animation - No.

Posted by Gecimen @ 4/1/2013 00:07  |    22

Mijichu (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 4/6/2013 22:32

So is yours, Crafty! Your WIP was really rad, finish it so we can vote for you. ;D

crozier (Level 6 Hitman) @ 4/5/2013 22:35

Why not pixel for the sake of pixeling? Weekly challenges are good practice.

Your pieces are good Crafty, we all would like to see more of your stuff :D (especually your green dragon, cause the wip is very very nice). I hope you, and everyone else here, competes this week.

CraftyPixel (Level 1 Rookie) @ 4/5/2013 20:41

- Not doing it anymore... entries are too good D; -

AlabasterJazz (Level 3 Corporate Drone) @ 4/4/2013 19:01

Just because the official challenge isn't the Style Copy, I can't see what would stop you from posting a piece based on that idea anyway.. why not do both?  Of course I have no room to talk, haven't posted much of anything really... but just putting the thought out there

Zizka (Level 10 Operative) @ 4/4/2013 15:40

I think this is a great idea for a contest. I'd like to participate, we'll see if I acutally do!

JuninFC (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 4/4/2013 07:48
Why no one did a piece for this challenge yet ? This sounds very great

Antiboton (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 4/2/2013 14:32

I don't know what's the copy challenge but this one sounds fine for April.

I know the prev must be taken from the big pic but, can the prev be animated?

deivissonfire (Level 1 Rookie) @ 4/1/2013 18:14

é até que dia

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 4/1/2013 17:57

Oh, I just checked and we actually only did that once, in the very first year. It was cool though :p

Yielmo (Level 4 Lieutenant) @ 4/1/2013 17:54

@ Everyone who thought it was the imitation thing: April Fools!

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 4/1/2013 17:54

I doubt anyone really prepared something for this challenge, but I don't mind something fresh either. The current challenge idea is nice too!

Can we please have a 2 week clean your HD challenge at the end of the year, which allows for submitting work that you already worked on? :)

Scarodactyl (Level 8 Marshal) @ 4/1/2013 16:37

@Gecimen: I always make all entries to challenges in the week provided, and I think that most users do the same.  Regardless, the style imitation challenge has reliably been my favorite, both to watch and participate in.  While the challenge this week is a good prompt, and will likely get some very good submissions, it definitely doesn't excite me in the way the other would have, partially just because it was a yearly event.  Every year was a bit different as new artists became popular and so forth.  It really struck me as something very special and fun.

crozier (Level 6 Hitman) @ 4/1/2013 16:12

No big deal. I actually like this idea a lot. Hope I have the time.

The only annual tradition challenge should be the New Years one where you get to revisit any of the old challenges of the previous year. But I think there wasn't one last year, so I was in extreme and utter despair.

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 4/1/2013 13:07

Click submit pixel art and check weekly challenge.

@all; Preparing for a known challenge before the challenge week, kills the spirit of weekly challenges. We're not sure repeating the same challenge every year is the right thing to do.

tomic (Level 11 Admiral) @ 4/1/2013 12:19

my thoughts go out to all those who already spent time in a picture, speculating for another april fools challenge :D

Ego (Level 6 Commander) @ 4/1/2013 11:35

Aww, I was also looking forward to doing the style imitation challenge. I've been saving my energy to try cloning Oceanscented's style for weeks so I could submit it.

...Actually, given the nature of that style it would probably still work. We'll see.

deivissonfire (Level 1 Rookie) @ 4/1/2013 11:16

I'm new I wanted to know where to send the pixel art promo?

Scarodactyl (Level 8 Marshal) @ 4/1/2013 07:32

I have to disagree; I thought the style copy worked best as an annual tradition, and I'm very disappointed that it isn't being run this year.

ultimaodin (Level 3 Corporate Drone) @ 4/1/2013 06:54

The copy challenges take a lot of time for new members. I for one couldn't complete my Elk copy and it still could use me going back and fixing it.
As far as challenges go, this actually seems rather enjoyable - but I doubt I'll have time to particapate once more.

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 4/1/2013 04:09

Not this year; it felt like there were deminishing returns in running that same challenge yearly; maybe we'll bring it back next year?

Damian (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 4/1/2013 03:57

Hmm, just a bit dissapointed with this challenge. I was also looking forward to the copy challenge.

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 4/1/2013 03:30

Wait what? no style copy challenge? Now I worked all these months on my Fool masterpiece for nothing :(

Duckling Parade icon/pixelartKnight icon/pixelartBlorp icon/pixelartThree-eyed angel icon/pixelart