Eclipse Tactics is looking for testers

Eclipse Tactics, an online turn based strategy game designed by Pixel Joint member Gecimen, is now live and looking for testers. Many acknowledged PJ artists, such as Nvision, Victor Rojo, Eyadan, Xion night, a3um, iSTVAN, LuckyF and On.Off have taken part in this pixel art heavy project. Be sure to check it out @ www.eclipsetactics.com

Posted by Gecimen @ 11/12/2012 06:56  |    15

Victor Rojo (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 11/15/2012 09:27

I´m playing it ^3^ great improves!

JuninFC (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 11/15/2012 06:16

wow , that's great

aurora17 (Level 1 Rookie) @ 11/14/2012 15:16

Hey guys! We're developing Eclipse Tactics together with Gecimen. I'm doing the coding. I've seen some of you had issues starting the application due to a possible problem in auto-download Javascript function.

I'm currently working on this, but for now the clean workaround is to download the latest Java Runtime Environment at www.java.com

shampoop (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 11/13/2012 13:21

If you have an older java jre then 1.7, it will not launch.  I, for example, have 1.6.something so it didn't launch.  Unfortunitly i need this specific version for work so I can't test.  I'll give it a go when I get home.

eclep (Level 5 Detective) @ 11/13/2012 12:49

I tested it on Mac OS X 10.7.4, the game launched, it downloaded some stuff, and then I have the following error :

"Window translucency is not supported in your system. Exiting." (and I just installed the latest java)

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/13/2012 11:53

Guys do you have java 7 installed? I dont know if there's an official script avaiable to check java 7.

cirpons (Level 5 Soldier) @ 11/13/2012 09:54

do you have the newest java?

dpixel (Level 9 Vice President) @ 11/13/2012 09:19

Same error as Hapiel

cirpons (Level 5 Soldier) @ 11/13/2012 06:55

Played the tutorial mission, and i dont think i like the blend of pixel-art and digital painting going on and theres a ton of thing that i cant wrap my head around, like the cristals and insta-kill puddles on the ground.

The races look really similiar to starcraft ones.

But it IS still in early alpha, so keep up the good work!

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 11/13/2012 06:41

Still the same error for me :(

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/13/2012 05:18

Ok guys it's fixed now. Please test it :)

cirpons (Level 5 Soldier) @ 11/13/2012 04:39

Yup, same as below too. I would LOVE to test it tho.

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/13/2012 03:14

I think the roll-over function embedded in the launch button causes that. I'll revert that in a couple of hours.

Btw several people somehow managed to run the game...

Adam (Level 9 Major General) @ 11/13/2012 03:03

Same goes for me, but with ID 70437 and the error message in funky german.

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 11/13/2012 02:05

AutoDL?BundleId=69485 on java.sun.com is not a Java installer.
Please contact the owner of the referring page to correct the problem.

If I press the launch button this pops up immediately, so I can not even use the bug report function! :p

horror animation icon/pixelartDash Attack Animation icon/pixelartUndertale icon/pixelartPlatformer Tiles - MG16 Palette icon/pixelart