Top Pixel Art- September 2012

The following pixel artists produced Pixel Joint's top rated pixel art for September 2012. Many thanks go out to this month's top pixel artists and all the members who took time to rate.

#1 Pixel ArtRebuke by big brother
#2 Pixel ArtIsle of the Dead by Manupix
#3 Pixel ArtBig Angelic Power by Drazelic
#4 Pixel ArtLOI Golem enemy by DarkfalzX
#5 Pixel ArtDrain Sphere, the Human ''Baterizer'' by philippejugnet
#6 Pixel ArtChumpy! by The B.O.B.
#7 Pixel ArtSteampunk House by Cyangmou
#8 Pixel ArtBuzzer Bee! by Mrmo Tarius
#9 Pixel ArtIntergalactic Criminals by Night
#10 Pixel ArtSwamp Remake by MrBeast

Posted by cure @ 10/16/2012 16:01  |    22

Drazelic (Level 8 Partner) @ 10/19/2012 17:24

You do sort of have a headstart on me; I signed up for my account around the same time as you did, but I lurked for 4 months before I posted my first piece apparently so there's that :P

Also, the fact stands that you're sitting at a resounding 5 levels above mine, which at least means you do a LOT more pixeling and community participation than me on an average basis :P

Manupix (Level 11 Godfather) @ 10/19/2012 12:45

Thanks guys, and congrats all!
I'm feeling in good company here =)

Drazelic: thanks dude! Yep, I've been around so much longer than you. All of 29 days exactly XD

Zeratanus (Level 4 Deputy) @ 10/18/2012 11:47

Interesting to know how that all works

I'm not surprised Drazelic's piece got in though - I was totally worried about that piece beating mine in the contest since I first saw it! I don't even consider mine finished yet anyway, couldn't get upset if I wanted to ;D

There was a lot of awesome pieces this month! Congrats to everyone!

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 10/18/2012 05:56

Only blue squares count as a total number for the active month.

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 10/17/2012 20:42

I had assumed it took the average then threw it into an equation with total votes, but I just tested and it turns out you are correct.

jeremy (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 10/17/2012 16:22

Naw, it's just total blue squares. B.O.B's piece has a higher average than some of the higher ranked ones, for example.

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 10/17/2012 15:42

A lot fewer people rated zeratanus's piece, it may have gotten less clicks due to its inability to show its full strength in the preview image, who knows really. The voting system works fine, disregarding the volume of votes would create a broken system that's far too easy to manipulate

philippejugnet (Level 6 Hitman) @ 10/17/2012 13:35

IMO it was a fail in the voting system.

shampoop (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 10/17/2012 11:53

I find it odd that Drazelic's piece got 2nd place in the weekly challenge and 2nd place for the month while Zeratanus  "Warrior of the Gates" got first place for the weekly and didn't hit the top ten for the month.

philippejugnet (Level 6 Hitman) @ 10/17/2012 08:09

Should be like. If you vote 1, then it adds +1. And if I post a piece and votes 5 it should go to the showcase as soon as it's posted since its all 100%... and people can vote 1 on yourse just because of envy...

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 10/17/2012 07:28

Them's the facts, I can see the number of votes, the total points, and the average. The amount of votes is also factored in.

MrBeast (Level 3 Sergeant) @ 10/17/2012 07:12

That can't be true, it takes quite some time until art gets somewhere in the monthly and weekly top. There also wouldn't be that many old pieces in the Highest Rating section in that case.

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 10/17/2012 07:04

They're added up and divided by the number of ratings.

MrBeast (Level 3 Sergeant) @ 10/17/2012 02:12

Total rating, not average rating. Ratings are added up.

Ashkin (Level 8 Rear Admiral) @ 10/17/2012 01:23

I think it goes to the person with the highest average rating.

MrBeast (Level 3 Sergeant) @ 10/17/2012 00:41

yay  congrats all

beetleking (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 10/16/2012 22:49

How this  top rating thing works?  Will it go like a who has the most fav?

Drazelic (Level 8 Partner) @ 10/16/2012 22:10

Whaaaa? Manupix has never been up here before? But he's... he's been around for so long and made so many cool pixels!

DawnBringer (Level 10 Maniac) @ 10/16/2012 21:42

Also a first for Manupix, congratz! :)

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 10/16/2012 18:05

Also a congratulations goes out to first time trophy-winner mrbeast, a well-deserved win.

Drazelic (Level 8 Partner) @ 10/16/2012 17:37

what.

Big Angelic Power is like a 100x100 piece, it does NOT deserve anywhere near the placement it got here

edit: whoa this pushed me into level 6 as well. wooooooooow :O

philippejugnet (Level 6 Hitman) @ 10/16/2012 16:17

Congratz all got 11º and 12º LOL

Flowerhead icon/pixelartLaser Pistol icon/pixelartCoke-chan icon/pixelartDeer Boy Running icon/pixelart