Challenge Awards: Stock Characters - Part 2

The Stock Characters - Part 2 pixel art challenge is complete and we have three new champions. This week's challenge awards go to the following pieces:

Thanks so much to all who took the time to vote and participate in the challenge! Check out the Stock Characters - Part 2 forum thread for more information.

Posted by skamocore @ 8/7/2012 20:45  |    14

Adarias (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 8/10/2012 20:50

Personally I'm happy with this challenge because even though I really gave it my best shot, I ended up with my first green ribbon.  That underscores the level of participation in this particular challenge, and the high concentration of skilled works being produced in a single week with a single prompt!

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 8/10/2012 01:52

It's not that important mate. It's not like mods are favoring some particular people. These are just a few inconsistency issues and even machines are not that consistent, let alone artistic views of mods.

ui_ (Level 4 Deputy) @ 8/9/2012 20:05

@jalonso, about the "one entry", probably i read it wrong or mix it with the rule that said one style/type of character. So was probably my mistake, because i didn't know it was exacly 12 colors.
My main point is and this is why i was angry. It seens like there was kind of criteria/discrimination on his entry because he mixed all the type of characters in one and broke the rules. Which to be honest i dont see any problem at that, he was been creative with the styles. And just because of that wasnt accepted?... Yes, he broke the rules as i did, but mine was accepted without a problem?. And if you check my entry i said 3 times to  not be include in the challenge, because if we wanna be fairs, then mine shouldnt be in neither. Probably wasnt the right people to do that.
Here is my entry.

Btw, is good that you take the time to read and respond this. Thank you for doing it. And forgiven my english.

@philippejugnet, thx, but it's not about been agree or disagree. Is about to keep the comunity nice and smooth and be nice with others.

philippejugnet (Level 6 Hitman) @ 8/9/2012 17:44

@ui - completely agree :/.

This was supposed to be the top 3 in my oppinion.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 8/9/2012 06:24

@ui_, I have gone and re-read the rules and I don't see where just one entry per person was stated as a rule for the challenge.

Challenges are put together by the Mods and by member submissions and often there are loopholes and details that come up after posting that were unseen beforehand (we always try to plug the holes when we see them). Any challenge can have its own defined rules as stated by the challenge creator which we try to honor. Some weeks not every Mod was involved in the development of a challenge so mistakes do happen sometimes. I myself rarely get involved in challenge development so I have questions on entries all the time and have to ask questions of others.

In the case of flyguy's piece when the issue came up we did discuss the issue where one Mod disagreed and it was then added. We do make mistakes here and there and if noone mentions it to us then we can't resolve the issue so letting us know is important. We never, ever pick sides or favor the better skilled. We really do want PJ to be a place to share and learn regardless of skill level.

Above all remember that challenges are a motivational tool for personal improvement and not a vanity excercise.

Bottom line is that whenever any inconsistency, question or specs arises its up to the PJ member to contact us, post or bring up the detail before the challenge ends so there is time to resolve any issue while there is time. PJ Mods are not the sole decider of anything we only try to keep the peace and constantly look to keep PJ inclusive, friendly and motivational.

ui_ (Level 4 Deputy) @ 8/8/2012 21:08

Hey Jalonso, i though it was just one for this challenge (maybe i read wrong) but is still funny because some admins were complaning about the rules. Specially about picking just one style/type of character, which is good and fine to me since it's a challenge. But.. Why the difference of the criterias?, my entry actually broke the rules too and it was accepted without a problem and the Flyguy wasn't accepted because he broke the rules?....

I'm mad/angry because i think it was more a EGO thing than actually following/respecting the rules, like "if you dont change that i will not accept your entry"... I'm open to let ppl break rules and allow them to be creatives but sometimes pixeljoint feels like a battle of egos and "who know more", instead of a community, learning, sharing and improve the quality and variety of the entries.

Im not trying to create another drama, i just want to clarify my opinion of something i think is going wrong here and it's just my opinion.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 8/8/2012 11:05

@ui_, Challenges have always allowed more than one entry in any challenge. Once the same person even won all 3 ribbons.

Mrmo Tarius (Level 10 Master Sniper) @ 8/8/2012 10:19

Hmm, it was explained to me that the weekly challenges are not restricted in regard to number of submissions one author can make. It's also very cool to see the same author get two trophies at a single challenge! O_O

ui_ (Level 4 Deputy) @ 8/8/2012 10:09

wasn't just ONE ENTRY per person?, EXACLY 12 colors?,  JUST ONE type of character per entry?.... so now explain me the drama with FLYGUY entry, explain me why a3sum has 2 entries and how im participing if my entry was just 5 colors. Some dramas are stupidly stupid when they fail in the arguments. If you guys are going to claim for breaking the rules, then don't ignore them in the final result. Sometimes this website makes me want to leave for a while... long while. Please don't make this great place a place full of egos and bad arguments. (RELEASE THE KRANKEN)

Just in case of the haters. No, i don't hate the a3um entries i acutally like them and many others, not my favorites but i like them.

philippejugnet (Level 6 Hitman) @ 8/8/2012 09:02

same LOL

Opacus (Level 7 Ichikyu) @ 8/8/2012 04:43

None that I voted for. That's rare :o

Christoballs (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 8/7/2012 22:28

It was a good weekly challenge. :)

MikauKahn (Level 4 Team Leader) @ 8/7/2012 21:44

Congrats a3um for winning twice!

Hexquisite Corpse #2 icon/pixelartHeroes for collab icon/pixelartAmiga Top-down Dungeon icon/pixelartDRAG icon/pixelart