Pixel Art Challenge: Eerie Environments

Pixel a gloomy and/or spooky scene in one of these environments:

1. Graveyard
  2. Forest
  3. Abandoned city/town

Canvas Size - Unrestricted.
Colours - Max 27. Must include pure black (#000000).
Transparency - No.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by skamocore @ 10/31/2011 00:05  |    10

a3um (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 11/6/2011 19:41

This  doesn't look like an entry

Chibiwing (Level 4 Deputy) @ 11/2/2011 22:56

You're joking right...?  I haven't got a chance in hell of coming even close to placing, if the wips in the thread are any indication.  The most I can hope to do is learn a little.  I'll crop to the 180 view; since I'm not far it won't be too bad switching.

That's definitely a good use of the palette. *nods*

*edit:  I'm doing the fisheye distortion type panorama, by the way.

Manupix (Level 11 Godfather) @ 11/2/2011 01:34

Not specified, but I think not too wide is better esp with the small canvas.

A warning though: I posted this for the lulz (serious matter), it would be great if you could make it but:
1 - it's a pretty difficult challenge/palette, as witness the (few still visible) entries (this one by pkmays makes the best of the palette without apparent effort);
2 - the palette will be even harder to fit with the theme of this present challenge!

I'd feel bad if you messed your chances at this challenge because of my silly ideas :S
This being said, just do it ;)

surt (Level 11 Godfather) @ 11/2/2011 00:51

Where in the challenge description does it make any mention of panorama?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I see that's in response to Manupix's extra challenge.

Chibiwing (Level 4 Deputy) @ 11/2/2011 00:08

Does it need to be a 360 degree panorama?  That's what I have sketched out but I can easily make it a 180 degree view.

Chibiwing (Level 4 Deputy) @ 10/31/2011 21:12

I was having some trouble with my city last night, but this new challenge is calling to me to try again...

Manupix (Level 11 Godfather) @ 10/31/2011 05:27

Bonus points for meeting the requirements of the Pixelation 'city slum' palette challenge:

``Image must be 240 x 65 pixels
``Image must be a panorama of a street in a city slum

The (hellish) palette does include pure black ;)

Chibiwing (Level 4 Deputy) @ 10/31/2011 00:38

Maybe I'll work on a drizzly city.

surt (Level 11 Godfather) @ 10/31/2011 00:26

Someone had better do something Ghosts'n'Goblins/Ghouls'n'Ghosts stylee.

tanuki (Level 1 Seaman) @ 10/31/2011 00:22

eerie forest~

Three-eyed angel icon/pixelartCrying Deer icon/pixelartFriendly Setting icon/pixelartSekiro icon/pixelart