Pixel Fashion Collection

Our precious pixels are influencing the runways and furniture. What a glorious time to be alive.

Check it!

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 10/14/2011 08:52  |    18

Souly (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 10/17/2011 09:04

This just give me an idea for some bleach dither patterns I can make with stencils.

What about if I make pixel themed clothing or paintings?
I'm a pixel artist. Is my attempt at creating pixels in other mediums some kind of ploy on nostalgia?
Or do I just enjoy grid based artwork?

Petrichor (Level 3 Enforcer) @ 10/17/2011 09:04

I don't think it's particularly cool to deny the freedom of homage to the masses just because you happen to be well-acquainted with the source material. Theoretically my medium is unlimited too--I work in Photoshop, no one is forcing me to anti-alias anything--so does this mean that my work is also just ignorance in the disguise of nostalgia?

And in the case of the non-digital mediums we're seeing here, why do we have perceive this as something hidden under a cloak of nostalgia, rather than genuine nostalgia without fetters? Whatever the reasons for pixel art's existence, I don't see any reason for us to ridicule being intrigued by and fond of its aesthetic and wanting to interpret that aesthetic into other forms, no matter how "false" that interpretation may seem to people who bend pixels every day. To deny that the look of pixel art denotes an era--to deny that the limitations of early digital media created a distinct cultural and chronological aesthetic--is the real ignorance here. Whether or not people actually know what 8-bit means is beside the point.

surt (Level 11 Godfather) @ 10/15/2011 05:59

Wot DB said.

DawnBringer (Level 10 Maniac) @ 10/15/2011 04:10

I loathe patethic "8-bit" homages imposed on unlimited mediums, it's nothing but ignorance in the disguise of nostalgia.

Manupix (Level 11 Godfather) @ 10/14/2011 15:15

BWAHAHA!

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 10/14/2011 14:54

@Manu, fixed, thx. Poop badge sent your way XD

Manupix (Level 11 Godfather) @ 10/14/2011 14:38

First I thought again, then I saw jal's link and I was all wow.

Bug report: contrary to PJ custom, the link opens in the same tab.

Mr Special (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 10/14/2011 14:21

sort of reminds me of this: imgur.com/gallery/KouN8

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 10/14/2011 14:18

Moar!

Petrichor (Level 3 Enforcer) @ 10/14/2011 12:47

Oh. My God. I need those shoes. Holy crap I have never wanted a pair of shoes this much in my life not even the fabled navy Chie oxfords with the cherry heel.

*fans self*

EDIT: Also, as a woman I feel compelled to note that runway fashion is not always meant to be wearable, not even the so-called Ready to Wear shows. Think of it like concept cars for clothes.

Friend (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 10/14/2011 11:13

my butt is too round and frosty for that chair!

Sahrab (Level 1 Rookie) @ 10/14/2011 10:32

everything was cool but the cloth sucked

Photocopier (Level 11 Godfather) @ 10/14/2011 09:42

I guess the furniture is new.

I like the furniture but the clothes are weird.

Mathias (Level 5 Rokkyu) @ 10/14/2011 09:23

If I had one of those pixel masks I'd wear it at all times - to bed, to job interviews, whenever.

ellie-is (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 10/14/2011 09:14

Those fashion designers suck at pixelling.

Ellian (Level 8 Partner) @ 10/14/2011 09:09

This table is awesome. I'd buy that immediately.

reis (Level 6 Serial Killer) @ 10/14/2011 09:03

OMG!

Trees and Rocks icon/pixelartIcecream icon/pixelartScissors Still icon/pixelartZip and Swell icon/pixelart