Neat Pitfall / Tomb Raider hybrid movie!!

THIS YouTube video highlights a game I helped create while at Full Sail University. It pays homage to classic games in the best way I knew how!! It is a hybrid between Pitfall II and Tomb Raider. Enjoy! (~_^)

Posted by Triumverent @ 7/13/2011 20:28  |    15

Neocrone (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 8/21/2011 10:20

it's not viewable on youtube anymore, any way to see it?

TropicalSnowcone (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 8/6/2011 07:42

I happen to think it was very creative and enjoyed the video from start to finish. I still own a 2600 and Pitfall was one of my favorites.

KittenMaster (Level 4 Deputy) @ 8/5/2011 22:20

While it's impressive that you guys managed to actually complete something, it just didn't seem like it was meant to be presentable to a more critical audience.  I'm working on graphics for a game myself and I would be terrified of showing it off even in a complete state.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 8/5/2011 22:14

Metaru actually being nice, understanding and almost apologizing...

...I never thought I'd live to see this day

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 8/5/2011 22:03

yeah i should had sugarcoated that comment a bit rather than slipping how shit it was right away. my fault.

guess that despite how bad it is, there has to be something good that could be pointed out from it. like it being done in less that three months as a project, having english and spanish dialogs and stuff. not to mention it is a full game, wich is something should be considered as a factor.

Triumverent (Level 1 Intern) @ 8/5/2011 20:30

Wow, Metaru.  It was just a fun post to share some creative ideas and demonstrate what a team of people could do in a short time period as a college project.  It is a full game, complete with intro's and endings with spoken dialogue in both English and Spanish.  You try pulling off something like that in a few months ok?

I figured a pixel forum would be a place to share our project, as many pixel artists are also game designers.  True, it isn't pure pixel art, but is was all hand drawn and done via a tile engine.

Above all, if one doesn't like something shared, they should give constructive criticism.  Your comments show an utmost lack of tact.  I wish you luck in future endeavors.

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 8/5/2011 08:19

Looks a lot more fun than actual Tomb Raider to me (I hate that series)

Imagician (Level 5 Rokkyu) @ 8/5/2011 08:17

Not watchable in Germany due to the music you used. Reading the comments, I'm not so keen anymore either :D

Hylst (Level 3 Enforcer) @ 8/5/2011 06:43

WEird game !

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 8/5/2011 00:46

wait what the fuck was this doing here on pj. that shit was horrible, with it being on the same level of your regular sprite movie done in windows movie maker.

interestingly enough, given how lara croft's tits were drawn it makes her look like an hybrid between herself and ET's sprite.

Mathias (Level 5 Rokkyu) @ 8/3/2011 23:09

Couldn't watch more than 45 seconds of that . . .

Triumverent (Level 1 Intern) @ 8/3/2011 16:52

Hello fellow Okie!  We didn't want to replicate the graphics that the 2600 produced, it was just the very blocky art style of the old systems we wanted to have to fit the story of a New School character going to and Old school system.  It isn't even pixel graphics (which would have been easier).  Each tile is 64x64 which is HUGE for the look that we wanted.  Also, being all newbs in school we didn't know that Photoshop had square brushes, so everything was drawn with round brushes (>_<).  Shortcuts had to be taken to finish it as a class project, we only had 3 months to put something out from scratch.  It is really fun to play though, and follows the map of Pitfall II as best we could.

KittenMaster (Level 4 Deputy) @ 8/3/2011 16:08

The graphics don't really respect Atari 2600's aesthetics that much and are very poorly drawn.

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 8/3/2011 15:56

This game is really weird :p. Or at least in the video!

Scimitar icon/pixelartForward icon/pixelartOcean Tileset icon/pixelartDying Breed (Part 4) icon/pixelart