eXtermination Release

Panic Arts has just published its first shoot-em-up game  that takes place in a zombie apocalypse.

Multiple weapons and different kind of zombies. The game contains problem solving and puzzles in addition to all the killing. There is a Story Mode and Survival Mode with online highscores which you can check inside the game without opening a browser. Created with Game Maker 8.1

All pixelart, coding and sound fx are by PanicBomber -panicci.servut.us. Music by Jonny Martyr www.jonnymartyr.com. Some weapon fx are from free-to-use soundfx sites like soundbible.

This game is participating in Assembly Summer 2011 game-developing competition.

Official Site: www.extermination-game.tk

Posted by PanicBomber @ 7/30/2011 04:14  |    10

1049424046 (Level 1 Rookie) @ 2/12/2012 11:09

awesome!!!

Flazex (Level 1 Rookie) @ 8/7/2011 18:50

This is amazing. Altough I can't find the passcode for the gate.  Plus it's good pixeling!

xxmantisxx (Level 7 Mass Murderer) @ 8/7/2011 18:30

I've been waiting forever for this to be released! It's going to go down as another one of those amazing GM games, that just seems impossibly awesome...

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 8/7/2011 02:17

Since when was anything called an 'action platformer'?  I've not heard that term before but games with platforms and a great deal of shooting like Metal Slug, Turrican and Contra were always referred to as platform shoot 'em ups (or platform shooters) since I was young.

Anyways nice work but I don't feel like downloading it myself cos I loathe, loooooathe mouse aiming controls. Just turns everything into a point n' click...

PanicBomber (Level 6 Manager) @ 8/7/2011 02:02

Well if a moderator would like to add chanfan in the credits then it would be great.

but as said, the zombie walking animations are a 0.00001 content in my game and it has LOTS of other animations and art too.

And thanks Delicious, if you would like to learn how to program you can download Game Maker, its free and easy to use :). There is also a large community and lots of helping hands.

Delicious (Level 9 Boss) @ 8/6/2011 23:12

This looks great! Must be pretty awesome being decent at both programming and art, eh? Wish I knew how to program. :(

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 8/6/2011 21:50

I was going to call you a negative nancy, but  to be fair chanfan did say: I must say it is quite obvious that you "used" my zombie animation for these walks. It's a good way to develop as an artist, but I think I'd feel better if you gave me some credit in the description.

Regardless of his tracing (1) of chanfan's animations (and it's hardly a carbon copy), there's still a lot of artwork and animations that panicbomber obviously spent a lot of time and work creating. It seems unfair to ignore this and just shit on his efforts instead.

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 8/6/2011 19:52

since when action platformers are being called shoot em ups

PanicBomber (Level 6 Manager) @ 8/6/2011 19:01

Here is the link to the entry video!

Pet 03b - Adult Lion icon/pixelartMaruko and Sakiko icon/pixelartBlind Monster icon/pixelartFruits icon/pixelart