Pixel Art Challenge: Isomals

Pixel three real-life isometric animals (must be 3 separate species). Your three animals must be placed on the same canvas and all separated by transparency.

Canvas size - Max 150 x 150.
Colors - Max 26 (including transparency).
Transparency - Required.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by jeremy @ 7/11/2011 00:01  |    25

DaDDy LoE (Level 1 Intern) @ 7/16/2011 09:41

excuse my ignorance,
but someone would be able to give me a more or less precise than the "isometric"?^^"

Mrmo Tarius (Level 10 Master Sniper) @ 7/15/2011 12:59

There ya go, we were both right :D

Heh, remember that one mule from the Neverending story? The one that actually gave birth at the end of her story? That part of the book had always cheered me up :)

Adarias (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 7/15/2011 12:27

I always felt bad for mules.

ptoing (Level 7 Underboss) @ 7/15/2011 12:07

Just checked, male ligers and tigons are not fertile. The females are, so that means they can only bread with tigers and lions, which then results in li-ligers, ti-ligers,  ti-tigons and li-tigons. And this is the reason they can not create a proper new breed of large cat.

Mrmo Tarius (Level 10 Master Sniper) @ 7/15/2011 10:17

Dunno, I remember reading about'em somewhere ;P

ptoing (Level 7 Underboss) @ 7/15/2011 09:04

Nope :P Tiglons and Ligers (and I think other hybrids, like horse/donkey, horse/zebra and such) are not fertile.

Mrmo Tarius (Level 10 Master Sniper) @ 7/15/2011 06:29

And the second generation hybrids, ti-tigons li-ligers etc :P

ptoing (Level 7 Underboss) @ 7/15/2011 05:54

Also, since someone mentioned Ligers, there is also Tiglons.

Petrichor (Level 3 Enforcer) @ 7/12/2011 07:14

Oh noooooo not an animals challenge, I will not be able to resist *struggles*

Mrmo Tarius (Level 10 Master Sniper) @ 7/11/2011 14:11

Well, they were real animals, I guess :)

pixel_rob (Level 3 Enforcer) @ 7/11/2011 14:06

are dinosaurs allowed?

Mrmo Tarius (Level 10 Master Sniper) @ 7/11/2011 10:48

They can be preparing to eat each other, though :)

Adarias (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 7/11/2011 10:15

since Pegasus/Pegasos is a name, it would just be "Pegasuses" or "horses with wings."  "Pegasi" is overtranslated.

and hmm, real animals, will be interesting to try to make this interesting, especially as the separation means they can't be eating each other.

xxmantisxx (Level 7 Mass Murderer) @ 7/11/2011 09:25

I wish we could do fake species, then i'd go with animals from Inhuman Comic.

Instead I'll do a panda and a sloth and a kowala.

Mrmo Tarius (Level 10 Master Sniper) @ 7/11/2011 02:07

Gah, and I thought *I* had a bad sleep schedule :/

Anyways, I've started making an elephant. It is green for now, any rules against that? :P

*edit* nevermind, it's green and pink now :D

I'll make some more tusked animals :)

Chibiwing (Level 4 Deputy) @ 7/11/2011 01:05

Whoops!  I knew that, I promise!  It's 3am here and I haven't been sleeping more than 3-4 hours a night for months, so please excuse anything stupid that I type. ^_^'

The quadricorn is from a commercial running right now:

r1k (Level 1 Rookie) @ 7/11/2011 00:49

ligers proven... good luck on the other ones though...

oh here we go, quadriacornis

jeremy (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 7/11/2011 00:49

Ligers exist >:I

e:dammit

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 7/11/2011 00:43

Only if you can prove the existence of these creatures within the next seven days =O

Chibiwing (Level 4 Deputy) @ 7/11/2011 00:40

So no pegasi, quadracorns, or ligers?

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 7/11/2011 00:38

Real animals :)

Adarias (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 7/11/2011 00:37

are these intended to be real animals?  house animals?  imaginary animals?  animals that walk and talk like humans?  little clarity would be shweet, as i might take a swing at this one :).

Chibiwing (Level 4 Deputy) @ 7/11/2011 00:37

I wasn't paying attention when I read that earlier and missed the isometric part.  I've never done iso before!  : o

Mrmo Tarius (Level 10 Master Sniper) @ 7/11/2011 00:04

Never done anything isometric before, this should be quite a challenge for me ;P

Kirby icon/pixelartSkillTree icon/pixelartModern icon/pixelartPretty Busy - Rework icon/pixelart