TSR REVIVES TUGS

TUGS is a spriting/pixel art tournament originally run by Pixeltendo under the direction of BaB and Tyvon. TSR has revived TUGS, under the direction of Christoballs and invites all PJ members to join this year's tournament.

Preliminary round determines beginner, intermediate and advanced categories (there is a place for all skill levels), followed by head-to-head duels. All rounds have different themes, specs, etc., per each of the 3 categories. (Both BaB and Tyvon have signed up to compete so old-timers should feel at home ;)

Registration deadline is Thurs., June 30

TUGS begins Sat., July 23 and runs thru Wed, Aug. 10

See tournament details, rules and registration and all other info HERE!

Posted by jalonso @ 6/17/2011 06:59  |    20

Frario (Level 6 Made) @ 6/23/2011 16:32

Surprising to see that my old flash stuff for the old TUGS is appreicated :P

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 6/21/2011 19:22

"TSR is like a woman who has been wronged by men way too many times to trust them anymore. (Replace "woman" with "forum" and "men" with "idiotic newbies")"

Tarenken (Level 3 Stalker) @ 6/21/2011 18:08

TSR definitely isn't the most welcoming place for new pixelartists (or even new members - I had a hard time getting into the community). But if you make a good impression on them, they are some of the most wonderful people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting online.

It's not a forum for everyone, but I think if you can get through the "initiation" TSR is well worth your time.

1up (Level 1 Thug) @ 6/20/2011 07:37

the last one didnt finish because it's a TUGS tradition to not finish the competition and YOU WOULD KNOW THAT IF YOU KNEW WHAT TUGS REALLY WAS CHRIS

CHRIS

CHIRS

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 6/19/2011 20:18

actually if i recall correctly last one ended early due it colliding directl with most people's mid terms exams.

anyway, hey kids focus on the art mkay?

Drazelic (Level 8 Partner) @ 6/19/2011 19:23

...The idea of a TSR in the past that was even less welcoming to newbies is slightly... unnerving, but that's my honest impression.

That said- there's a historical rivalry going on here? I never heard of it :O

Christoballs (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 6/19/2011 18:47

It saddens me to read Drazelic's post, myself being a member of staff striving for a more tolerant and pleasant TSR.

TUGS isn't an opportunity to remark on the size of TSR signatures, it isn't an opportunity to generalize TSR members' hostility and it isn't an opportunity to start some community bashing. I'd much prefer to continue that conversation via PM than here.

For me, TUGS is an opportunity to put aside past grudges and reconcile TSR with Pixeljoint. It's about having a good time and some healthy competition together, and I'm eagerly awaiting for this event to start, but more importantly to see as many enthusiastic users to register as possible! :)

The last contest didn't finish from lack of organization, which is something I'm trying to remedy this year.

More information will be given as the deadline approaches.

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 6/19/2011 18:40

pfffff ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Phantom K (Level 4 Button Man) @ 6/19/2011 17:01

TSR actually isn't near as harsh to newcomers as it used to be. Certainly not as welcoming as Pixeljoint, but  much better than it was in the past

Gas 13 (Level 9 Boss) @ 6/19/2011 16:49

Thanks a lot for the link, Metaru. That flash stuff is pretty cool :) One obvious question - why didn't they finish up the contest?

Drazelic (Level 8 Partner) @ 6/19/2011 14:50

TSR honestly really isn't as welcoming of a community as PJ. Pixeljoint, like any other art website, can sometimes ignore the newbies- but that's always better than the TSR trend of scaring new pixelartists away with scathing insults and brutal critiques that practically shred the work.

I'm definitely hoping pixeljoint artists can make a nice showing, for that reason alone.

Delicious (Level 9 Boss) @ 6/19/2011 14:48

Put aside the large and awesomely inappropriate signatures, the community is great. Definitely worth entering, and it should really exercises your guy's pixel pushing!

KittenMaster (Level 4 Deputy) @ 6/19/2011 14:26

This is a perfect opportunity for Pixel Joint to defeat people that wield giant signatures with our own miniture dancing green man signatures.

Damian (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 6/19/2011 13:41

I agree. I can handle a few words as a signature, but flashing images and inappropriate images are kind of a put off. Plus that website can be a bit of a loose wire at times. Heck, I'm up for it.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 6/19/2011 13:27

"Actually that forum can ruin any interest when 90% of the message is signature" - Gas 13

Tru dat!, I can never understand art sites that allow OTT image signatures.

That said I might enter myself for the Pixeltendo memories alone :)

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 6/19/2011 11:51

if anyone feels like, you can check last year's development here

Drazelic (Level 8 Partner) @ 6/19/2011 11:27

I have nothing better to do with my time so let's give this a shot!

Gas 13 (Level 9 Boss) @ 6/19/2011 10:53

Sounds interesting but I feel like not enough information to decide if I should try it. Actually that forum can ruin any interest when 90% of the message is signature. Really hard to read so if the organizers could give a link to some previous TUGS that would be just great.

kallango (Level 2 Petty Officer) @ 6/19/2011 09:02

O: I like ²

Juniorps (Level 5 Soldier) @ 6/19/2011 09:00

Wow, i like

Sekiro icon/pixelartFraktur font "ARYAN" icon/pixelartBelinda, fanart from AFK Arena icon/pixelartSon of Peril icon/pixelart