Pixel Art Challenge: Chiefly Tribal

Pixel a full-body sprite of a human chieftain from a fictitious primitive tribe.

Remember to consider what sort of clothing or accessories distinguishes the chieftain from other members of your fictitious tribe.

Canvas Size - Max 100 (width) x 120 (height).
Colours - Max 16 (plus transparency)
Transparency - Required.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by cure @ 3/28/2011 00:03  |    8

esloc03 (Level 1 Rookie) @ 3/31/2011 01:52

Hi everyone, i'm new here and i dont quite understand the transparency thing, i checked all the other entries and they have this transparent thing going on, i know its something to do with the saving settings but i'm not quite sure could you help me so  i can submit my work?

Thanks :]

- sorry i just read the FAQ like it says... i didnt read that part before :D my bad

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/28/2011 22:35

good question! I'll fix the rules. 16 colors + required transparency. my bad on that.

tanuki (Level 1 Seaman) @ 3/28/2011 22:16

Transparency does count as one of the max 16 colors right? I don't often use it. I kind of hope it doesn't, but it's no big deal if it does.

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/28/2011 18:45

It must be something reasonable within the context of a technologically primitive culture.

See my post in the challenge thread if there's any uncertainty.

SpaceSalmon (Level 1 Rookie) @ 3/28/2011 16:37

can he wear anything or must it be the ordinary?

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/28/2011 15:22

actual person. a biological creature, homo sapiens sapiens.

PoisonousJoy (Level 4 Mercenary) @ 3/28/2011 11:52

Does it have to be like, IRL person or can it be something like a painting or a figure carved on stone representing the chief?

Justincrdibl (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 3/28/2011 11:26

I have a few ideas for this that I'd love to do, but as usual I have no time :(

Zip and Swell icon/pixelartmoloko icon/pixelartAlys Portrait icon/pixelartSteve's Looked Better icon/pixelart