Pixel Art Challenge: Me & My Favorite Artist

Jinn wants you to pixel yourself hanging out with your favourite artist, it could be any type of artist you want (painter, singer, actor, whatever) just as long as they aren't a pixel artist/another member of this site.

Canvas Size - Max 300 (width) x 200 (height).
Colors - Max 32.
Transparency -
Animation -

Posted by jeremy @ 3/7/2011 00:02  |    24

TheInquisitor (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 3/12/2011 06:32

You tell him, Cure!

t3nshi (Level 5 Soldier) @ 3/12/2011 01:24

I had a perfect idea in mind, but I didn't have time this week to do it ;___; I'll see what I can do today-tomorrow in time scraps .__.

Jinn (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/10/2011 20:53

{ I guess I should be sorry, then ...?

Morgengrauen (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 3/10/2011 06:33

i gues this would've looked like kind of incestuous...

Dusty (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 3/9/2011 16:17

Why couldn't we use other members of the site? I think it'd be cool to see pixel interpretations of members with their idols from around here.

eliotfellow (Level 7 Assassin) @ 3/8/2011 15:07

Aww man, I wish I had time to submit to this! But I have this big gallery reception to prepare for. Not that you asked. But I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's entries!

@SpaceSalmon: not cool, man. . .

Morgengrauen (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 3/8/2011 08:31

the only artist i can think of now is Frazetta. Unfortunately this would put me half-naked to his feet, while he stands heroic and bare muscled in the wilderness to fight tigers or something, as pictured by him in countless variations for years.

Oh wait! Bob Ross maybe. Yeah, that's it.

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/7/2011 22:49

Your attitude at this site is dangerously close to getting you banned, SpaceSalmon. Your unhelpful put-downs of others' art, your cynical attitude, and your vocabulary (fuck as hell? seriously?) had all better start improving fast.

Learn to play well with others. This is your only warning, we're running a gallery, and have neither the time nor the patience to continue babysitting you.

Justincrdibl (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 3/7/2011 21:54

My dog is an artist. He makes amazing sculptures in my backyard every day!

Seriously though people, I don't think there should be any confusion. The way you guys are wording it, you could claim anyone is an artist. If you had it your way, the challenge might as well be called "Me & Another Person."

jeremy (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 3/7/2011 21:01

Honestly I don't think it's difficult at all: Artist in a completely non-metaphorical way :L

Demon11777 (Level 5 Captain) @ 3/7/2011 20:46

Okay, Might I suggest that the first definition be added to the OP to avoid having to deny somebody's entry? :]

jeremy (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 3/7/2011 20:19

artist

noun

1. a person who produces works in any of the arts that are primarily subject to aesthetic criteria.
2. a person who practices one of the fine arts,  especially a painter or sculptor.
a person whose trade or profession requires a knowledge of design, drawing, painting, etc.: a commercial artist.
a person who works in *** Message truncated (4000 chars max) ***

Demon11777 (Level 5 Captain) @ 3/7/2011 19:46

Im afraid I have to disagree with Cure respectively. I believe that art is anything that can inspire but the technical definition is "the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance." or

"imaginative skill as applied to representations of the naturalworld or figments of the imagination"

So based on the definition of art I see no reason why inspirational scientists don't fit the contest criteria. But then again I understand what was ment by Jinn when he said "artist" so for the sanctity of the contest it would be understandable to restrict other kinds of "artists"  It is clear that any kind of artist is welcome in the contest I.E. "painter, singer, actor, whatever"  (sorry the font glitched out the previous comment and I cannot edit it)

SpaceSalmon (Level 1 Rookie) @ 3/7/2011 19:00

shittiest fucking challange ever. why not something creative for a change?

@Cure

fuck you and your constraints. artist is a widely broad term and being a waitress may fuck as hell be a form of art.

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/7/2011 17:02

No, it can't be a scientist. Nor can it be an athlete, a politician, a grocery clerk, or a waitress.

Me & My Favorite Artist

Hiuru (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 3/7/2011 15:02

Lady gaga here i come~!

miguli (Level 1 Rookie) @ 3/7/2011 08:36

:D haha :P yeah....

Demon11777 (Level 5 Captain) @ 3/7/2011 07:28

Haha yea i was thinking the same thing Miquli! My first idea was me and Tesla building a death ray together

Adcrusher (Level 6 Major) @ 3/7/2011 06:03

dang we can't use pixel artists. I was going to do a little sucking up and call my peice " Chillin' with Ptoing"  hoping he would like it so much that he'd make me a mod at pixelation. My dreams are crushed!

miguli (Level 1 Rookie) @ 3/7/2011 03:27

Can it be sienctist or something like that?

^ nothing

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 3/7/2011 00:29

just as long as they aren't a pixel artist/another member of this site.

the entire jinn fanboy club just got destroyed.

jeremy (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 3/7/2011 00:20

I'd wait for Jinn's call on that, but it could open a whole can of worms if you liked, say, the entirety of the Plastic Ono Band.

(Bret>Jemaine :p)

Justincrdibl (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 3/7/2011 00:06

Pretty cool idea.

Say our favorite artists were part of a dynamic duo (Flight of the Conchords, Tim & Eric, etc.) could we make something with both of them included?

Moonlight icon/pixelartMurder Aboard the HMS Daily icon/pixelartA Ruined Village icon/pixelartBlue Vanilla Ice Cream icon/pixelart