Pixel Art Challenge: Liberate Your Hard Drive!

Create something using the restrictions from any other challenge this year. The challenge thread will have a list of all challenges from 2010. Also, there's a full list of challenges in the archive.

Only new or previously unfinished entries, so nothing that's already been completed or submitted beforehand. Please make sure to mention which challenge your entry is for!

Optional Bonus Challenge: Post a comment here and tell us what your favourite challenge(s) from this year were; it would be nice to hear your thoughts :D

Posted by skamocore @ 12/27/2010 00:02  |    8

Manupix (Level 11 Godfather) @ 1/3/2011 08:17

Great challenges this year, as usual my favs are the palette challenges. The smaller / crazier the better! Unpaletteable comes first for me, Samurai and Elements (MUMN) were great (it's really nice to have several sub challenges with small enough canvas that it's posiible to enter all) (even if I didn't). Optimistic Occupations combined a good palette with a very good theme which really got people out of their comfort zones.

Fantastic Environments was another excellent theme, Galt's World was just too good (I want one of these each year!). For anim comps, B&W Sprite was best. Maybe the year was a bit low on mockups (or it's just that I did 1 only), I loved Underwater because of the palette.

The one I liked the less was probably Walk The Plank. I hated the palette which didn't incite an original take on the theme, as reflected by the entries (I'm not saying they're bad, sorry guys!).

SpaceS: it sucks that you decided you suck. Either you do > practice, or you don't > practice. That's what challenges are for ;D

Reo (Level 11 Sensei) @ 12/29/2010 18:59

Samurai challenge was great fun!

x-death (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 12/29/2010 17:35

for me i'd have to say my favourite challenges this year would be the "April Fools Gallery V" and "Unpalletable". the first one because it was awesome fun replicating someone else's style and the second one because i love challenges with a specified palette were you have to try and create something awesome from it.

Adcrusher (Level 6 Major) @ 12/27/2010 14:13

dang it! I wanted to do this one but my tablet broke and I can't pixel without it :(

Sai (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 12/27/2010 07:00

Ooohhh, this gives me a chance to enter stuff I never had time for! Awesome idea.

EdJr (Level 9 Nidan) @ 12/27/2010 06:50

Great idea. I am selecting my favorite challenges and I'll try to enter.

SpaceSalmon (Level 1 Rookie) @ 12/27/2010 01:43

I have some unfinished challange stuff. Never completed those because I suck.

Olympics uniforms (1950's) icon/pixelartBottle icon/pixelartVenom Study icon/pixelartLonely mountain icon/pixelart