Pixel Art Challenge: Happy End of Year...Thing

This week you are challenged - in the spirit of political correctness - to design your very own secular holiday character (Think a Santa-like character, but without any religious connections).

Your character may be presented in any way you like; portrait, sprite, incorporated into a scene etc...

Canvas Size - Unrestricted.
Colours - Unrestricted.
Transparency - Optional.
Animation -  Optional.

Posted by skamocore @ 12/20/2010 00:01  |    12

greengun (Level 1 Gangster) @ 12/21/2010 02:18

thanks cure.

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 12/21/2010 00:45

That is a great idea.

Well, Santa is pretty fear inducing D:

ultimaodin (Level 3 Corporate Drone) @ 12/20/2010 19:06

The New Year's Knight

A humble enforcer of humanities self developed resolutions made for the comming year. The New Year's Knights role it's to make certain that people fulfil there resolutions. Those who failed to complete the objective of their resolutions the previous year, shall be diced in two.

___

That's my idea, don't know if it would be acceptable though as it's more a fear inducing character. Colours would be gold,silver and black mainly as is typical New Year's colours. I may not get time to do this however due to me working in retail and it being the busiest week of the year.

carokann (Level 1 Private) @ 12/20/2010 18:39

Peace, love and unity is what a lot of religions teach, including mine :)

Anyways, happy holidays and nice challenge.

A.B. Lazer (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 12/20/2010 11:14

I think that introduction of character is in it's core a religious thing, this character at least will be idol.

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 12/20/2010 10:09

peace, love, unity, and respect are independent of religion. so long as you don't use religious characters or symbols to express these concepts it should be fine.

theguy (Level 6 Hitman) @ 12/20/2010 09:31

It's politcal correctness gone mad!

Does the character nessecarily need to be merry?

EdJr (Level 9 Nidan) @ 12/20/2010 07:28

Oops, I think I commented in the wrong topic.

I love the "unrestricted"s and "optional"s of this challenge, anyway.

greengun (Level 1 Gangster) @ 12/20/2010 06:41

it says seperate from religon, what if i goo off of an acronym i live by..Peace love unity respect, not a religon, just a way alot of people like to live there lives. is that ok ? just makin sure. this is a colll challeneg if i have time,.

Sippy_Cup (Level 5 Sniper) @ 12/20/2010 06:34

are we limited to christmas or can we use any holiday?..

jeremy (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 12/20/2010 05:16

Comment on one post down ;D

V

EdJr (Level 9 Nidan) @ 12/20/2010 05:11

One of the hardest polls I have participated. There are so many cute, impressive, creative works.

I don't like the air entries as much as the others, so I voted for one of each (earth, water and fire). As I said, there are many gorgeous entries, so I tried to see what were cute, creative and explored the colors representing better the element.

Congratulations for so many good pieces!

Nightforest icon/pixelartAlys Portrait icon/pixelartLittle Cook icon/pixelartWho's that Pokemon? icon/pixelart