Pixel Art Challenge: New High Score!

Create a high score screen mock-up for a new, original game. An example.

Canvas size - Unrestricted.
Colours - Unrestricted.
Transparency - No.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by skamocore @ 12/6/2010 00:01  |    12

Setzer (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 12/10/2010 19:18

Yeah, i was really expecting more entries for this, highscore screens always interested me

Mistiqueshis (Level 1 Rookie) @ 12/10/2010 13:23

Just 2 entries... I hope some work appear in these two days...

Groogokk (Level 5 Lieutenant) @ 12/7/2010 23:27

The reference picture seems to have disappeared (or is that just me? or just temporary?).

Oreo0000 (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 12/7/2010 16:46

Cool, being that I'm stuck doing a typography class, this should be interesting.

EdJr (Level 9 Nidan) @ 12/7/2010 14:48

Yes, you can. =p

Mistiqueshis (Level 1 Rookie) @ 12/7/2010 14:16

Can I send 2 entries for this challenge? I made one, but I want to make other work.

Cilein (Level 5 Detective) @ 12/7/2010 12:58

Loving the Commander Keen ref, this sounds great, I need to work on typography, fun way to get around to it ^^

Wootai (Level 1 Rookie) @ 12/6/2010 19:19

This'll be interesting, i see it seems more like a design challenge than an art challenge, but i could be wrong.

EdJr (Level 9 Nidan) @ 12/6/2010 06:29

So.... The only thing we have to do this week is a high score screen, but without copying any existing games, right? I mean, can it be of an existing game style?

Groogokk (Level 5 Lieutenant) @ 12/6/2010 00:35

Yes, I definitely can see the appeal of the challenge as well (I'm not saying it's a "bad" challenge topic); also, the challenge is a change from the previous four ones in that it has neither a colour nor a size restriction.

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 12/6/2010 00:25

Well, we haven't had a font-related challenge here for a while. And even though you're not one of them, I think there are a number of people who do find designing text to be rewarding/interesting/fun etc... (well, at least, I do anyway o:)

Groogokk (Level 5 Lieutenant) @ 12/6/2010 00:07

Interesting challenge... but it will include much work with fonts, which I don't find very rewarding. I'm looking forward to see some entries to find out what other people make of this, though.

PS: Another example of a highscore screen on PJ: www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/27607.htm

A Ruined Village icon/pixelartRoboSuit Idle icon/pixelartAndromeda icon/pixelartFibana icon/pixelart