Game: Tower of Heaven

Tower of Heaven is a short yet challenging game with pixel graphics and a great soundtrack. The pixel art was created Dave Zhang (godsavant).

The game can be downloaded or played online. Also, if you so desire, the game's soundtrack can be purchased here.

Posted by Dr D @ 8/14/2010 15:32  |    22

ZeroNova (Level 4 Lieutenant) @ 8/21/2010 05:05

I downloaded this game last year, and I have to say I really liked it. The game wasn't as challenging as I had hoped though (I died 8 times my first time through the game). The best part is definitely the music in my opinion, especially the song that plays on the last stage.

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 8/20/2010 21:07

well, the game sure has a gimmick giving it pixelated graphics and the whole "lets add random difficulty with random things and such" but after the second or third level the whole concept gets really old and boring.

meh i can't just love it for the sake of it using chiptunes and GameBoy-ish graphics, despite me usually doing so.

Dusty (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 8/20/2010 09:59

I found some rules to be just downright annoying instead of adding any enjoyment to the game. No walking left? Sure, it was interesting on the level it was given to you for, but afterwards just served as some artificial difficulty. I stopped playing after the rule "thou shall not check the rules" and getting all the way to the door, but because I was holding left when I landed I died.

edinhofofao39 (Level 1 Rookie) @ 8/19/2010 17:19

oi gente

Dr D (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 8/19/2010 01:04

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 8/18/2010 21:01

am i the only one who didn't like it at all?

Setzer (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 8/18/2010 18:04

I played this game a few days back, I have to say it was really interesting, great music, okayish gameplay and visuals. I though the whole rules thing was pretty original, and although it was a very short game, it seemed fitting.

A++++ Would play again (maybe)

onek (Level 6 Hitman) @ 8/18/2010 14:56

gooosh!!!! that was frustrating!!!

good game tho ^^

Badassbill (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 8/18/2010 13:10

Excellent game.

rezoner (Level 1 Rookie) @ 8/18/2010 03:19

Great, now I am afraid of walking left - but I am so hungry....

edit -- as Gecimen said level 9 is a real nightmare - but is also worth finishing

Gecimen (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 8/18/2010 02:48

Playing the game for half an hour now and got to the level where you're not allowed to read the rules. It really got on my nerves :)

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 8/18/2010 02:26

Always thought the jumping and controls were absolutely perfect myself especially compared to some other indie games (Cave Story has awful floaty jumping that is one of many reasons I don't really enjoy that game much).  The gameplay of this isn't really to my taste though but it's well made.

vsea (Level 1 Rookie) @ 8/18/2010 01:43

I played this game a year ago and it great

Sneep29 (Level 4 Deputy) @ 8/18/2010 01:17

People are barely finding out about this game? Everyone should know what this game is. :]

The music is so great. I like Flashy Goodness's work.

Dr D (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 8/18/2010 00:42

Yes the music is my favorite part too.

Blueberry_pie (Level 7 General Manager) @ 8/18/2010 00:03

Played this when it first came out. Great game!

Adarias (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 8/17/2010 22:15

The best thing about this game is the music.  I found the controlls a bit funny myself, but defnitely enjoyed it!

Jaker Pot (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 8/17/2010 19:57

The game is so cool!!

It gets hard in the level 9...

Chibi Robo (Level 5 Detective) @ 8/17/2010 19:46

Personally I didnt like it mostly because of the somewhat stiff jumping controls and the respawn time.

Otherwise its a pretty fun game.

Red-Error (Level 1 Intern) @ 8/17/2010 17:46

I had discovered it a few days ago !

Played  so far to unlock all, a good platform game if you like to play a little game with challenge and maniability.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 8/17/2010 16:59

Fun, fun play. Highly recommended!

Blackbeltdude (Level 7 Ichikyu) @ 8/17/2010 16:53

Oh man, I played this awesome gem last week!

The sound track was just fantastic; I think it was my favorite part of the game. The guy's site who did it is here:

I didn't know you could download this though! Thanks for sharing!

Woman and Blue Damask icon/pixelartPixel hunters icon/pixelartEdward and Alphonse icon/pixelartTrees and Rocks icon/pixelart