Picture Wars

PictureWars, the ultimate link between tactical role play and pixel art.

If you've ever dreamed of pitting your very own pixel art army against other spriters; taking part in huge pixel battles involving magic, technology and forces from every age and location, then PictureWars is your chance to fulfill this dream.

Create your own armies and maps and submit them for critique and fun, then initiate matches against other members in order to put your most evil strategies into practice.

Posted by Manjaman @ 7/25/2010 01:39  |    10

drr (Level 4 Mercenary) @ 7/30/2010 19:30

To clarify I didn't mean I was disappointed with the art, the story telling was pretty shoddy from what I could see and the link darchangel posted seems to be full of broken images for me :/

If anything they could make the maps a lot smaller and use the space more efficiently

Denmen707 (Level 1 Gangster) @ 7/30/2010 08:56

The art not being detailed is a result of the sizelimit and the quantity of editing necessary to complete a match.

darchangel (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 7/30/2010 08:09

@ Metaru - The image would be a lot easier to edit because we could keep things on separate layers and be able to edit faster, without having to cut, paste and rework parts of the background...

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 7/30/2010 07:50

i wonder how using layers and the amount/quality of details could be related.

darchangel (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 7/30/2010 04:50

Art might not be all that, but considering all the editing that goes on with it, it would be very hard to make a great looking scene.

There is one battle that was looking decent enough, but they ended it too soon:

picturewars.freeforums.org/lizzrd-vs-lto-rearranged-t1299.html

This gave me an idea for a piece of epic proportions, it would be more story driven and would probably take a very long time to complete.

If anyone here would like to do a collab, PM me...It would require that you have a program capable of using layers, because I want to make it with more detailed pixel art...

drr (Level 4 Mercenary) @ 7/30/2010 02:33

Yeah agree with Metaru, pretty nice concept, but I would say nothing that great has come from it.

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 7/29/2010 20:09

half of the stuff i saw there was p retarded, or it was sprite rips from somewhere esle. if someone got a link to something decent in there, i'd like it to be shared.

BlackDragon (Level 11 Godfather) @ 7/29/2010 12:28

Hey look, my tank icon thingy.

Ixolite (Level 2 Petty Officer) @ 7/29/2010 02:09

That reminds me boring lessons at school and intense firefights with pen on paper... If only I had time...

Calv (Level 7 Assassin) @ 7/29/2010 01:44

This looks cool, and very creative.

Pistol upgrade icon/pixelartmoloko icon/pixelartAnonny runs icon/pixelartFrozen Cantaloupe Smoothie icon/pixelart