Play NES, SNES and Genesis games on the RetroN 3

The RetroN 3 gaming system is compatible with NES, SNES and Sega Genesis cartridges. It comes with six controller ports - 2 for each of the previously mentioned consoles, so you can use your original controllers from your chosen system. Or if you like, it also comes packed in with two wireless controllers of its own. It's available now for $69.99 USD in either red or black (which actually looks more grey than black...).

Ordering information can be found here.

Posted by Souly @ 7/7/2010 12:10  |    13

GunshotGlamour (Level 1 Rookie) @ 3/20/2011 16:38

ok i bought this system 3 days ago, alone with 4 games for each of NES, SNES, and GENESIS. idk what everyones talking about... we havent had ANY problems with any of it. its really giving me my childhood back without having to try and track down all 3 consoles. the wireless controllers that come with the retron3 is its ONLY downside... you have to literally have the IR pointed directly at the console or they wont work (a poster was enough to block the signal) so if youre going to invest invest in the oringinal controllers unless you dont mind it breaking in and out when you move.

ive seen some posts about how this isnt the same and how its not gonna give you the same play as the original consoles... try it before you down it. the graphics, sounds, everything is brighter clearer and better looking.

i LOVE this console, thanks to the makers for giving me a piece of my childhood back <3

-Lindzi/ GunshotGlamour

Antiboton (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 7/29/2010 05:31

Would be nice if it supports burned CD's or DVDs with ROMs. :(

Souly (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 7/23/2010 20:20

@SNES durability They were built to last.

Also, I too am an un-sure about this.
I still own my NES and SNES, lost my Genesis somewhere in one of my moves.

Diogalesu (Level 3 Enforcer) @ 7/22/2010 07:12

I'd get one of these if the controller designs weren't arsed.

because I don't want to pay extra money to buy 4 more controllers.

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 7/21/2010 15:17

i dont believe that we'll be running out of stock of said emulated consoles any time soon.

not to mention i hardly ever believe they have any kind of license.

W M (Level 1 Thug) @ 7/21/2010 14:53

I'll just stick to my SNES system for now. :D It's a wonder that it still works after all these years.

jamesmorrow07 (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 7/21/2010 14:17

Mind as well just get a real NES, SNES and/or Genesis. I don't see a clone filling up my nostalgic void as much as the real deal will.

Badassbill (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 7/21/2010 07:13

I was told this console plays NES games poorly.

greenraven (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 7/21/2010 07:10

It's a nice concept if you're feeling nostalgic. But in all honesty, why bother at all? ROMs do wonders these days. I can play all my old NES and Genesis games and then some.

Buddy90 (Level 5 Assistant Manager) @ 7/20/2010 23:26

be careful with systems like these. There are many models like this (FC Twin) that play these games poorly, with graphic and audio problems, and some games may not play (Castlevania III may not play).

If this may be a problem, I suggest people to do research before they decide to buy it, or look at the competitors.

Squirrelsquid (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 7/20/2010 22:33

question is... do these play PAL SNES games? :S

iMoose (Level 6 SWAT) @ 7/20/2010 22:15

Hey, I have one of these! But about half of our old games are missing...

ellie-is (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 7/20/2010 22:14

I'm sad now. Because I don't have one of those.

Yet another pixel keyboard icon/pixelartOfficer Gal icon/pixelartSummer Lady icon/pixelartWIP Flight Of The Manticore icon/pixelart