Boondog v1.3 - Retro Puzzle Platformer!

Be sure to check out the latest version of Boondog, by Mambazo!

A fun and challenging puzzle game where you progress from level to level by jumping, grabbing ledges, pushing blocks, activating switches and avoiding level hazards!

The game (PC only) also features a built-in levelpack editor, and all the graphics are totally customizable!

Posted by mambazo @ 6/9/2010 19:08  |    11

DawnBringer (Level 10 Maniac) @ 6/15/2010 08:17

Sure, go nuts. If need be I could probably draw a few more tiles. I did fiddle a little with the character but that was only a pixel here and there. Anyways, here's the tiles if you like to test it: goto.glocalnet.net/axe/dawn_gfx.png

mambazo (Level 5 Rokkyu) @ 6/14/2010 17:56

Holy cow! That is super stuff! I don't suppose you'd like to make that set available for a future levelpack?

DawnBringer (Level 10 Maniac) @ 6/14/2010 12:05

"you are free to make tile sheets" ... hrmph, what makes you think I didn't try that right away? ;) i48.tinypic.com/13yl0ua.png

Ok, I finished it and there was some levels that were pretty tricky... i was stuck on that many-barrels-on-switches for a while... hehe. Still, quite fun and it has a good Another World / Prince of Persia feeling.

The running animation for the sequel looks great!

yrizoud (Level 6 SWAT) @ 6/12/2010 10:54

When I downloaded the first version, it was mostly to study the backgrounds, to try understand how you can make so nice-looking scenery with so few tiles. The answer seems to involve some talent that I lack.

mambazo (Level 5 Rokkyu) @ 6/11/2010 20:17

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys :)

I have plans for a sequel, which will indeed feature much nicer art! There is a running animation in the forum to wet ones tastebuds!

RoboBOT (Level 7 Captain) @ 6/11/2010 13:02

If I had a dollar every time I pressed Shift instead of Up, jumping to my death, then I would be a very rich man.
This game is frustratingly awesome, well done! Why not spruce up the graphics, though? They aren't bad, but you could probably make some really great ones now.

yrizoud (Level 6 SWAT) @ 6/10/2010 12:07

Screenshots of the older version, reviewed at Abandonia:

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 6/10/2010 11:44

I'm glad at least one PC user says its fun. I too am a Mac user so I just went on trust based on mambazo's gallery instead of testing.

mambazo (Level 5 Rokkyu) @ 6/10/2010 11:35

@Manjaman: Lucky for you there may be a Flash based version available sometime soon ;)

@DawnBringer: Yes, admittedly I made this game 'before' I joined PJ. If I had known then what I know now... However, you are free to make tile sheets and player sprites if you do wish to do so!

DawnBringer (Level 10 Maniac) @ 6/10/2010 09:55

Kinda fun, although a bit frustrating on some levels, but I guess that's the point, hehe! However, you could have spent a little more time on the gfx, hmm ;) +points for everything stored in one drawer.

Manjaman (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 6/10/2010 08:49

Make a mac version and i'll check it out

Fire Flower icon/pixelartTetsuo and Kaneda icon/pixelartChupacabraGirl2Kai icon/pixelartBlind Monster icon/pixelart