Pixel Joint v2.5 Coming Soon

So our massive PJ v3 approach was kind of a bust so we've decided to just go ahead and roll out updates incrementally. We've got quite a few nice improvements coming in the next couple of weeks and I'd like to pre-thank a few of the major design contributors ahead of time...

• pixelblink - for the PJ v3 designs that will have elements trickling in.
  • [thUg] - for the awesome rank icons based on the icons Ensellitis first made.
  • dumbo - for the perfect smiley set (61!) based on iSTVAN's PJ mascot.

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 5/19/2010 00:03  |    13

Gas 13 (Level 9 Boss) @ 5/20/2010 00:56

Can't wait to see that ranks :)

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 5/19/2010 23:25

@Mathias: I'll try and put a list together, but it'll probably be put up with the updates.

Mathias (Level 5 Rokkyu) @ 5/19/2010 20:03

Lookin' forward to the new stuff.

Can we get a punchlist so we know what to expect, or is there a thread somewhere? I have no idea what's changing.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 5/19/2010 15:38

@greenraven: So true. That is why the whole v3 thing is in the trash can. There were two major things that took me a looooong time (cache management and updating the CSS) and I'm done for the time being. I'll definitely come back to it some other time, but I'm not going to hold up releasing minor updates anymore. There are a few bugs and updating the "themes" and header are all that's left (I think) before the first update is ready to be released. After that updates will be a little bit more relaxed. There will be at least one big update before the end of May guaranteed.

The B.O.B. (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 5/19/2010 10:46

That, or a mod like myself(tee hee hee) changed it to make you look silly. : P

@Greeny: well this time it's the real deal. Now with the power of Sedgemonkey, all the suggestions made in the past(which believe it or not, us mods have been keeping track of), are being considered with these incremental updates...

greenraven (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 5/19/2010 09:25

Huzzah?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a newer and better PJ. But there's a track record that speaks for itself here, so "I'll believe it when I see it." But if you guys are actually going to stick to this thing all the way through this time around, best of luck, we'll all be here rooting for you!

DawnBringer (Level 10 Maniac) @ 5/19/2010 06:14

Well, time is a dimension, according to Einstein...it allows for things to change.

The B.O.B. (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 5/19/2010 05:39

The link is working for me....

DawnBringer (Level 10 Maniac) @ 5/19/2010 03:37

Cut&Paste-error on pixelblink link.

TheManuz (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 5/19/2010 02:41

Also, this way we get something new on pixel joint every time!

wenruto (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 5/19/2010 01:38

Sounds Pretty Exiting And Awesome =)

jeremy (Level 11 Special Agent) @ 5/19/2010 01:16

Oh God <3

I think this is the way to go, much easier to track down any bugs when there's only a few things at a time too, I guess :)

Mushroom House Cube icon/pixelartDeath Motel icon/pixelartrunning icon/pixelartEvolution of aliens in pixelated games icon/pixelart