Battle Kid: Fortress of Peril coming soon to a NES near you.

Sivak games will be releasing a brand new game for the Nintendo Entertainment System called "Battle Kid: Fortress of Peril". The game will cost approximately $30USD and comes in a real NES cartridge. It will be available from RetroZone around mid-January.

View the trailer here and a the video FAQ on the game here.

[Joystiq]

Posted by skamocore @ 12/29/2009 06:07  |    8

Psychotic_Carp (Level 1 Depressed) @ 12/30/2009 21:59

Hey that controller icon rocks.... :p

ty for using it!

Kaiseto (Level 6 Made) @ 12/30/2009 01:12

The main character's face looks painfully similar to the one from IWBTG. Maybe I'm just paranoid here?

Other than that, yeah, I'm a little disappointed graphically. The NES could pull off some pretty neat stuff (and did, towards the end of its life cycle.). Would've been nice to see some stuff that really pushed the system to its limits.

Mathias (Level 5 Rokkyu) @ 12/30/2009 00:12

Wow, a new NES game, and even in an actual cartridge?

Can't say I feel like playing it. Looks just as frustrating as MegaMan 2.

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 12/29/2009 22:28

I agree 100% with Reo. This would've been way better if it really did something that never existed on NES before, something that really pushes the NES's boundaries or applied ideas conceived since the NES era etc...

It might make for a goofy story, but maybe even if one of the characters were looking up something on Google, for example - it would make people think twice about the game - "this is a game for the NES, but they mention Google, wait, that wasn't around back then, WTF!?". Or maybe a game in a genre that wasn't invented yet - perhaps Chip Tune Hero or something =/

But anyway, I suppose the aim of the project was to create a full length NES game, rather than to create something truly interesting/innovative/groundbreaking/whatever.

Reo (Level 11 Sensei) @ 12/29/2009 16:34

I guess a new nes game could be cool, but this looks like a generic plattformer and the NES has a shitload of those already, also since the game is being developed now, I'd expect graphics that looked much better, like pushing the console and really making use of everything, I hope it has gameplay that makes up for that.

Dino502Run (Level 6 Serial Killer) @ 12/29/2009 11:48

what do you mean??  Outdated technology is the technology of the future!!  I love looking at old stuff like this.  The Older, the better.  I still use casettes sometimes!

xXHalfieXx (Level 4 Lieutenant) @ 12/29/2009 10:58

outdated technology is outdated

r1k (Level 1 Rookie) @ 12/29/2009 07:20

thats pretty cool, too but its only hard copy as of now cause I no longer have a working nes.  If he could get it on the wii virtual console that would be cool (on acount of I just got a wii )

Ano and Noa Pt. 1 icon/pixelartDRAG icon/pixelartKirby icon/pixelarttelevision icon/pixelart