Pixel Art Challenge: Silly Walk Cycle

You have a silly walk and are looking for a government grant in order to
develop it. Therefore, you must create a walk cycle animation for a character showcasing your proposed silly walk.

The more crazy/ridiculous/silly the better.

Canvas Size - Max 96 x 96.
Colours - Unrestricted.
Transparency - Required.
Animation - Required. The animation must loop seamlessly.

Posted by Blueberry_pie @ 10/12/2009 00:01  |    13

Souly (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 10/17/2009 08:27

Lol, I forgot that Monty Python had done this skit.

dpixel (Level 9 Vice President) @ 10/14/2009 12:38

Is a gimp silly?

Perkele (Level 4 Murderer) @ 10/13/2009 09:29

Genious idea! Ministry of silly walks ftw!

Blueberry_pie (Level 7 General Manager) @ 10/13/2009 07:58

dpixel is correct. Entries that don't make the top 3 are listed in random order.

dpixel (Level 9 Vice President) @ 10/13/2009 06:53

I don't think there is any 5th place, just 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.  The list you're referring to isn't in any particular order...so you could have beat me.  :-)

I put myself in a box because of my drawing abilities.  And I don't think I have a very good eye for things.  I guess that's what I meant by "true artist".   I do like pixel art and like trying.

That drawing you made for me was excellent.  I got a lot from it, Thanks

sharprm (Level 4 Deputy) @ 10/13/2009 06:38

i thought u came 5th. anyway point was something like don't put yourself in a box just because i point out construction problems with your pics (i only keep doing it cos i spent time drawing that demon for you once and want to see some bang for my buck)

dpixel (Level 9 Vice President) @ 10/13/2009 05:10

How did I beat you?  I don't understand.

Also, sometimes I get lucky and do a nice piece, but even then, there's always some sort of problem with it.

I spent 3 hours and I can't even get something walking normal, nevermind silly.  Thanks for the link tho.  That helps.

sharprm (Level 4 Deputy) @ 10/13/2009 03:37

Heh walk cycles can be 2d it doesn't matter if you screw up perspective. Non-silly walk cycles are easy if you follow the method baccaman shows, going from 2 to 4 to 8 frames. http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=2913.0 If you do it one frame after the other it doesn't work for me.

Then again this is a silly walk so maybe it is better to do it one frame after the other.

edit: btw u beat me in last challenge does that mean i'm not a true artist ?

dpixel (Level 9 Vice President) @ 10/12/2009 17:24

Walk cycles are for true artists.  Achieving proper perspective with drawing abilities, etc.  A true artist I'm not, but I'm in...so prepare yourselves for a bad piece.

Manjaman (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 10/12/2009 07:42

Marvelous challenge !

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 10/12/2009 03:40

Excellent subject for a challenge.

heyy13 (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 10/12/2009 03:20

This is an amazing challenge. Monty Python loves you. I can't wait to see the entires.

plump icon/pixelartGhibli Tea Set icon/pixelartVampireCountess icon/pixelartSkillTree icon/pixelart