Assalor (Beta)

Hello everyone!
Today I've uploaded the second beta of my new game called Assalor. It is a real-time strategy that is pixeled and programmed by me. I am looking for suggestions, comments and bug-finds :)

You can download the second beta here: http://www.create-games.com/download.asp?id=7925 or here http://cid-e981b54003672382.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Openbaar/Assalor.zip

or simply watch a match played by me on Youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdUApG9Oldk

Have fun playing and please tell me what to improve. Thanks!

Posted by Vertigo-Zero @ 9/5/2009 08:09  |    23

Splocket (Level 1 Rookie) @ 9/14/2009 15:20

Awesome . Can't wait to see how it turns out

Vertigo-Zero (Level 9 Necrophiliac) @ 9/14/2009 00:35

I will :D

Splocket (Level 1 Rookie) @ 9/13/2009 20:17

Yeah, I love your sprites, but how about adding a cool looking background in the back? That could make it look loads better I think.

Heinze (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 9/13/2009 09:46

I whink the graphics could be better '-'

Vertigo-Zero (Level 9 Necrophiliac) @ 9/13/2009 08:25

rica01 (Level 1 Rookie) @ 9/12/2009 12:16

i dont like it.

Vertigo-Zero (Level 9 Necrophiliac) @ 9/12/2009 04:30

The damage and speed charge will be added later and the unit have to die first because of my coding. I bet things get funked up when more of the same unit are on the field.

philipptr (Level 4 Team Leader) @ 9/12/2009 00:49

Okay played it and didnt have too much fun. Simplicity might work for action games but I dont find it very entertaining in a strategy game. There were some things I found strange: for example why is there no static cooldown time but instead i have for the unit to die to spawn another of its type? Why are the units not autofiring all the time? And why is there no information about dmg attackspeed movementspeed and armor/hp, which could make a bit of planing the unit usage possible?

Vertigo-Zero (Level 9 Necrophiliac) @ 9/11/2009 15:32

@Azrael: If you had bothered to play the game, you would have noticed the shooting without enemy target is nescessary to damage their base. You'd also notice the unit need to keep walking to grab money bags and special attacks, some units even damage the enemy base when they are inside.

Azrael (Level 2 Dealer) @ 9/11/2009 11:46

ok, I watched the video. Here's goes the crits:

- I prefered a dying animation instead of vanishing animation

- They shoot even there is no enemy to shoot

- When engaging, it's better that they stand and shoot each other to death rather than passing by

jm2c

Vertigo-Zero (Level 9 Necrophiliac) @ 9/10/2009 23:57

You're welcome! :D I think Windows Live SkyDive fucks it up for some people :P

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 9/10/2009 23:18

Setz didn't get it working too. It just keeps saying:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: http://cid-e981b54003672382.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Openbaar/Assalor.zip
Line Number 120, Column 20:for (var i = 0; i < selfPageData.items.length; i++)
-------------------^

Anyway, ill play it now, thanks for uploading :)

Vertigo-Zero (Level 9 Necrophiliac) @ 9/10/2009 14:50

I think the simple gameplay makes it fun, daring you to achieve a lot with little resources, if you get what I mean, but additions will keep coming. Try this link, it won't need the .dll file: http://www.muffachine.com/assalor.zip
Tell me your opinion after playing :)

philipptr (Level 4 Team Leader) @ 9/10/2009 14:41

CNCS32.dll could not be found. Though from what I saw from the youtube video it seemed like a not very enjoyable gameplay. Where is the fun/challenge in this game? Seems like an extremly simple strategy game. If a game is 99% strategy, why make it so simple? Only 1 dimension + no commands but producing a hand full of units?

Vertigo-Zero (Level 9 Necrophiliac) @ 9/10/2009 09:39

@ Lollige: wtf!? No one else has that problem... here is another link: http://www.muffachine.com/assalor.zip That one has to work.

@ InkBreath: I am going to make the Ultrahard setting, I will see what I can do about the castles.
I don't know about home-made teams, I thought it was rather cool to have 4 excisting armies in 1 game...
It wouldn't be hard to make my own teams (assalor is made up by me)but I don't know if it would be fun.

InkBreath (Level 1 Depressed) @ 9/10/2009 07:49

Hey! I enjoyed it. Hwver, I beat "Hard" with like half my health left. Yeah- I found it hard at first, but I figured out how to beat it. Walls first and then weaker behind them.

Maybe you could incorporate keyboard moves into it. Like jumping or maybe to fire

with a one second gap between each shot- so we have to decide carefully when to shoot.

And you could add an "Ultra Hard" setting.

Also- it might be hard, but you could try using original characters. I, personally, would like that a lot.

Oh and different castles for diff. races.

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 9/10/2009 07:15

the new one does not work either.

Vertigo-Zero (Level 9 Necrophiliac) @ 9/10/2009 00:10

Yes, Windows only I'm afraid...

Setzer (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 9/9/2009 16:50

none of the download links are working for me, but I'm going to assume this is windows only?

greenraven (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 9/9/2009 16:14

Looks nice. Good job.

Splocket (Level 1 Rookie) @ 9/9/2009 14:30

Hey, this looks really cool from the video

Vertigo-Zero (Level 9 Necrophiliac) @ 9/9/2009 11:50

Oh I'm sorry! This is the working link:
This link is by the way an even newer version

Can an admin change the download link to this one?

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 9/9/2009 11:43

Download link does not work. How about uploading it on your own website?

Pixel hunters icon/pixelartTrees and Rocks icon/pixelartSkillTree icon/pixelartlolita icon/pixelart