Challenge Voting: Side Ship

It's time to head on over to the forum and vote for the latest pixel art challenge: Side Ship.

VOTE NOW!

Posted by jalonso @ 6/15/2009 00:15  |    22

Squirrelsquid (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 6/21/2009 14:16

I'd make the 'do not ride the bomb' transparent, but unfortunately, I can't do that atm - You are free to remove it from the challenge. ;)

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 6/17/2009 00:18

Good job switching dpixel :)

Stickman (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 6/16/2009 17:18

Not to swing any votes here, but Metaru's piece is really something.

dpixel (Level 9 Vice President) @ 6/16/2009 10:00

Ok.  I'm on Firefox now.  Everything is transparent.  I thought I was loosing my mind there.  lol

Thanks jal

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 6/16/2009 09:46

Well there are many browser options now. Safari, SeaMonkey, Opera, etc. Seems most PJ users use Firefox. I like Firefox because it has 'chatzilla' which makes getting on the PJ IRC channel easy.

dpixel (Level 9 Vice President) @ 6/16/2009 09:32

I used to use Firefox a few years ago and found it annoying.  It wouldn't allow me to go to certain sites, etc.  Has it got better?

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 6/16/2009 09:29

IE is very 20th Century, move on to Firefox already ;)

*Your IE setting have 'borders' set to images that link.

dpixel (Level 9 Vice President) @ 6/16/2009 09:28

After googling around I found that apparently there's a png transparency issue with IE versions 5 and 6 and all those entries are png files.  I'll upgade to another version or switch browsers all together.

Funny cuz I usually see a lot of boxes around art here when I know it's frowned upon unless it serves a purpose.  Hey you learn something every day.

dpixel (Level 9 Vice President) @ 6/16/2009 09:09

Yes IE 6.  Is that bad?  lol

EDIT:  I just loaded a couple into graphicsgale and in fact there is transparency.  That is weird.  Must be my browser.   Sorry for my accusations.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 6/16/2009 09:08

I just switched to Pure Joy and see no boxes or BGs, wierd.

What browser are you using? Not IE, I hope.

dpixel (Level 9 Vice President) @ 6/16/2009 09:02

I just see some white and blue boxes.  I thought transparency was no boxes. Maybe it's the theme 'Pure Joy' I'm using.  I don't know.

EDIT:  I'm I the only one seeing this?

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 6/16/2009 08:57

What are you guys talking about?

The preview files have BGs but not the art, this is fine.

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 6/16/2009 08:29

I do not know how you get to 8 as there is only 1 I believe. However, still it has to be removed. Or squirrel will get 2 medals for 1 entry :/

Frost (Level 6 Serial Killer) @ 6/15/2009 15:37

I agree with jal. So many good entries, so few votes.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 6/15/2009 13:30

Some weeks having only 3 votes is a nightmare :|

TropicalSnowcone (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 6/15/2009 07:11

Definitly some stiff competition this week. Good luck to everyone.

dpixel (Level 9 Vice President) @ 6/15/2009 04:31

Why are there 8 entries without a transparent background?  Transparency was required I thought.

TheInquisitor (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 6/15/2009 01:33

Four really standout entries this week. Makes it interesting on which one will miss out on the top 3!

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 6/15/2009 01:04

should be removed from the voting asap. imo.

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 6/15/2009 00:55

http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/43765.htm is not yet fixed, but in the voting?

Dr D (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 6/15/2009 00:16

I would have never imagined such a massive amount of entries, and so many great ones at that.

Definitely another tough vote, good work everyone, and kudos to those using this challenge to start out.

ChupacabraGirl2Kai icon/pixelartEME icon/pixelartSpellicious! icon/pixelartChupacabraGirl4Motion icon/pixelart