Grafx2 v2.0 finally stable!

Finally it come to an end: the great work made by PulkoMandy and Yrizoud, the two lead developers of grafx2, finally completed the TODO list left by the Sunsted Design team that in 1999 abandoned the project.

Grafx2 is a bitmap program born to emulate Deluxe Paint or Brilliance, now it can run under most of the operating systems available today, like Linux, Mac OS X, Windows and even Amiga OS among many others.

The program is stable and filled with a lot of tools and functions, it's shipped with a great palette editor and it's freeware and open source!

Check it out on its home page!

Posted by Peach @ 6/13/2009 16:11  |    10

isatche (Level 1 Rookie) @ 6/30/2009 22:14

Yup, right click and Run as Administrator works.

Thank you.

yrizoud (Level 6 SWAT) @ 6/25/2009 00:42

I think I understand the problem. I made the installer not require administrator rights (You can install and run as a normal user, as long as you pick a destination directory where you are allowed to write)

However, to install in Program Files, you need to explicitely run the install as an admin user. (right-click, Run as...)

Peach (Level 6 Made) @ 6/24/2009 03:48

please report it to the devs (PS: did you checked the file has write permissions?)

isatche (Level 1 Rookie) @ 6/24/2009 00:39

Here what happened when I tried to install it on Vista

Peach (Level 6 Made) @ 6/15/2009 03:11

not yet, as well as transparence is being discussed for next version improvements.

hsn2555 (Level 1 Rookie) @ 6/15/2009 01:02

aaawesome,

but does it support or import animated gifs ?

Peach (Level 6 Made) @ 6/14/2009 00:14

I hope I will never put my hands on vista, so I assume yes. the exe is very small so trying it is very easy :)

Daviddarck (Level 3 Hatchet Man) @ 6/13/2009 20:12

why is not for vista?, the xp version works on vista?

Screenstruck icon/pixelartAvatar V2 icon/pixelartPortraits N2 icon/pixelartApple Tree icon/pixelart