Pixel Art Challenge: Two-Faced

Challenge winner [thUg] challenges you to create a portrait of a Two-Face type character, like the character from Batman, but not necessarily with a human side.

Examples: robot/animal, boy/girl, alien/human, firecreature/watercreature, etc...

Canvas Size- Max 100 x 100.
Colours - Max 16.
Transparency - No.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by cure @ 3/2/2009 00:16  |    17

dpixel (Level 9 Vice President) @ 3/5/2009 05:20

I realized after I uploaded it.  It wasn't intentional.  I was using iaza on dail up so it took some time.  So I figured I'd ask.  Sorry.

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 3/4/2009 21:20

No exceptions! Add a background. Having no transparency is part of the challenge. Why bother submitting something to a challenge if you aren't following the rules? If you're ignoring one of the rules, why not just ignore them all and submit something entirely different altogether to the gallery?

dpixel (Level 9 Vice President) @ 3/4/2009 19:04

Ok.  I just posted my entry and realized there was 'no transparency' in this challenge.  Is this really that important?  My entry has no background so I made it transparent.  I could put it in a white or colored box, but that's usually frowned upon in the gallery.  I know this is supposed to be a portrait which usually has a background or backdrop, but mine is animated.  Any exceptions here?  Thanks.

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/3/2009 17:54

Yeah, won't hurt anything, it'd just be more of a challenge to get that same contrast using assymetrical halves.

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 3/3/2009 16:32

O :

Well, yes, left/right is the most logical, but if you really want to do top/bottom we're not stopping you.

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/3/2009 14:24

Yeah, me too. SILLY SKA.

Little late now though.

BruceJuice (Level 4 Mercenary) @ 3/3/2009 10:48

I think the artistic purpose of Two-Face being drawn as left/right halves is to show the contrast between the two sides. The two sides are symmetrical and alike, but are very different.

I honestly think drawing a two-faced character with a top/bottom halving would defeat the purpose of making it two-faced.

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 3/2/2009 19:57

o_O

Just make a portrait of a character that is comprised of two different halves. So yes, a rotating character would be ok.

Dr D (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 3/2/2009 19:37

What about an animated, rotating, 3D, half-face?

Sorry for all these questions. (speaking on behalf of others.)

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/2/2009 19:29

I feel the left/right halfing is implied, but as it does not explicitly state otherwise, I don't suppose it will hurt to allow it.

Top/bottom halfing is hereby permitted.

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 3/2/2009 18:50

I was under the impression that any half of the face was acceptable. It doesn't say anything about it having to be exclusively left/right (aside from the fact that the original character is left/right)...

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/2/2009 14:27

Quake: Two different faces, faces that obviously do not belong to the same individual.

vampireslug: I'll have to check with [thUg] for a final word,  but I'm not sure if he'll be on to make the call.  Until then the rule is left/right halves of the face, as I'm sure was intended.

Edit: scratch that, do top/bottom if you really feel like it

blumunkee (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 3/2/2009 12:54

This sounds fun. I'm in.

Quake (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 3/2/2009 12:24

does it need to physcially two  different faces, or can we do like different characteristics or expression?

Mind you, i mean very different expressions.

Photocopier (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/2/2009 10:39

Yes, I have to do this

vampireslug (Level 5 Detective) @ 3/2/2009 06:58

Will the face have to be bisected into left and right or can it be top and bottom?

fawful (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 3/2/2009 06:44

Must.Actualy.Enter.

Amiga Top-down Dungeon icon/pixelartSons of Peril - Snail unit icon/pixelartNessa (Pokemon Sword/Shield) icon/pixelartStone Practice icon/pixelart