Screenshots HD Remix

2D Artist Orioto has built some fame by making hi-res (often in printable 5000x2800) mockups of games, including Metroid, Zelda and Gunstar Heroes.

Check out the gallery!

Posted by Jo @ 2/14/2009 07:31  |    14

ptoing (Level 7 Underboss) @ 2/20/2009 10:37
I agree with Ilkke and some others here. The high resolution is not needed for the level of detail present in the mockups. Also I think that the executions is not very good at all, and I personally find most of them rather ugly.

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 2/20/2009 07:54
fanboys have the guts for anything, trust me.

fawful (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 2/20/2009 07:00

I agree with the mario one being one of the best of them.

I quite like them actualy.

iLKke (Level 9 Nidan) @ 2/20/2009 04:41
Not bad as an idea, but I don't like the execution.
What good is a printable resolution when the level of detail is very poor?

Souly (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 2/20/2009 03:24
WTF you talking about?
Sidescrollers are still being made all the time?

JerryPie (Level 11 Godfather) @ 2/19/2009 17:54
Man I wish they made side scrollers still. I wouldn't even mind playing a few of these in this resolution and art style, they look pretty interesting. The sonic ones like this would make big money.

Myke (Level 1 Rookie) @ 2/17/2009 02:37
I think his done a swell job of capturing the essence of all those games though, my fav is the the lava ballad and the Mario world.. awesome stuff....

vierbit (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 2/16/2009 14:42
Yeah, the sonic and mario ones are the best.
Although the metroid shot is not that great, I would kill for a 2D metroid in this style.

Krysis (Level 6 Serial Killer) @ 2/16/2009 13:33
I liked the Yoshi one. Most of the others are just too blurry and foggy.

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 2/16/2009 13:29
suddenly i have the need of playing World of Illusion and Gunstar Heroes again in my MegaDrive.

Dusty (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 2/16/2009 12:58
The Zelda one is really disappointing. I really like the Mario and Sonic ones, though; specifically the Green Hills Zone and Mario World.

Zelda one is soooo disappointing though, it makes me sad. Just looks like filters and such.

Opacus (Level 7 Ichikyu) @ 2/16/2009 12:20
Yeah, I'm also not really impressed.

Larwick (Level 8 Regional Boss) @ 2/16/2009 12:18
Hmm, not as good as i wanted them to be. Dissapointing if i'm honest.

Damian (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 2/16/2009 11:27
These are awesome! He's work is inspiring. I think that some game company should get hold of him and WABAM! 2D mayhem all over the world. I'd pay for one of those game :)

RaptorusMaximus icon/pixelartFriends icon/pixelartwinter icon/pixelartblood borne - kill the kos icon/pixelart