Pixel Art Challenge: The Magenta Challenge

You are challenged this week to create something using at least 8 colours from this masochistic magenta palette:

TheMagentaPalette3.png picture by tumble_weed

Canvas Size - Max 128 x 128.
Colours - Min 8 of your colours must be selected from the magenta palette above. You may use other colors in addition to the required magentas.  Any other colours you wish to add are entirely up to you. There is no maximum limit to the amount of colours you can use.
Transparency - Optional.
Animation - Optional.

Posted by skamocore @ 2/9/2009 00:02  |    20

Conzeit (Level 1 Rookie) @ 2/16/2009 00:02
well, fuck...somehow I thought I still had another day. yay for me!

surt (Level 11 Godfather) @ 2/15/2009 21:18
This challenge killed my eyes. Everything looks super-desaturated after finishing my entry. I'm suing!

TheInquisitor (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 2/14/2009 14:34
I'm trying my hand at this challenge. It was all going well until I hit the magenta shades and now they're really driving me crazy. They completely ruined what I was doing! Once this competition is over I'm going to have to go back and alter them all.

Got to hurry too, running out of time.

Antiboton (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 2/14/2009 11:58
I liked this challenge. Magenta looks nice and futuristic.

Platnium (Level 1 Depressed) @ 2/13/2009 09:05
I say next week we have one like DogMeat suggested!

MadProductions119 (Level 3 Corporate Drone) @ 2/10/2009 18:11
Yeah... ive only done one pallete one but I want one like dogmeat suggested! :)

ptoing (Level 7 Underboss) @ 2/9/2009 18:39
This is actually quite fun. I am working on one. Took 9 colours from the palette and made 3 extra magentas (darker ones) and 32 colours in total. Magenta is NOT hard to work with, AT ALL.

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 2/9/2009 16:47
This is quite an odd challenge.

Dex (Level 11 CEO) @ 2/9/2009 16:22
When are we gonna have the fun challenges like the Nature: FTW and etc again ):

I guess I just like themes better than palette challenges, especially palettes like this D:

Larwick (Level 8 Regional Boss) @ 2/9/2009 11:27
Do you think people will vote for you if you purposefully go against the challenge concept? It's a challenge, if you don't want to be challenged, why even bother entering.

dpixel (Level 9 Vice President) @ 2/9/2009 10:34

Seems like there should be a certain percentage of this magenta palette used.  What would stop someone from using 1 pixel of each of the 8 min?

Larwick (Level 8 Regional Boss) @ 2/9/2009 05:33
Barf.
This should be interesting.

tomic (Level 11 Admiral) @ 2/9/2009 03:20

interesting challenge. who's the girl who came up with this? =)

Hapiel (Level 11 Admiral) @ 2/9/2009 01:11
Thanks to TINCS comment I noticed that too. Can you please adjust the rules info so that its more clear you can use other colors, as long as you use 8 magentas?

I suppose you get quite a weird and ugly unpixelly entries :(. For example, if I wanted to do a green drawing id just take 8 magentas to be finished with that quickly if I only needed one, and combine them :/
But my idea is already different, and I don't think ill make it anyway because ill be busy this week, for the last week of my 3 weeks of busyness. ;)

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 2/9/2009 00:26
I thought this would consist of nothing but garish entries until I realized you can use colors outside of the magenta palette...

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 2/9/2009 00:14
Do you mean something like this? Yes that's fine, as long as you incorporate those 8 magenta colours.

006 (Level 2 Corporal) @ 2/9/2009 00:08
Wow this challenge seems so free, might try it. Question, can you make an image 128x128 but it scrolls?

Damian (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 2/9/2009 00:07
ok....Some one was in a good mood to make this challenge.
I guess the colours aren't very apealing, but that worry's me not.

Beast Hunter (Bloodborne) icon/pixelartLu icon/pixelartBelinda, fanart from AFK Arena icon/pixelartScissors Still icon/pixelart