Pixel Art Challenge: View From A High Place

Challenge winner matt0 challenges you to pixel a scene as seen from a high vantage point. You can use any style and subject - realistic or abstract, sci-fi or fantasy, city or landscape... whatever strikes your fancy.

Colours: 64 max
Canvas size: 320x240 (landscape) or 240x320 (portrait)
Transparency: none

Posted by cure @ 8/25/2008 06:45  |    14

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 9/12/2008 01:10
Use a better translator and use the Resources section of the forum.  While I don't know what you're talking about, I know that it is irrelevant to this topic.

jsrsolution (Level 1 Rookie) @ 9/12/2008 00:05
Hi,

Can i now there is some software through that i can get my own
pop art. I am searching this software from last many times but didn't come up with results.

Thanks in advance.

Addy

=========

BlazeAce (Level 6 Commander) @ 8/30/2008 04:36
True, big challenges are somewhat annoying but at least I learned a bunch from this one. I prefer smaller canvas for weekly challenges too but that 32x32 challenge was way too small.

So what I want to say that this challenge was really useful for me but I hope that next ones will be smaller or totally free to choose the size.

tomic (Level 11 Admiral) @ 8/30/2008 03:25

though we already have two entries (it had been worse!), i'd like to express my displeasure over big-canvas challenges!

i see no point in forcing people to enter pieces with big empty areas just to fit the challenge rule. if they even enter. pixel-art is not about big brushes but about details, and this just takes time! time that weekened-warriors don't have then. so, unfinished pieces or half-assed rubbish makes up the numbers.

i've done dozens of pieces in the size of 320-by-something, mostly for demoscene graphics cometitions which contrary to the pixel-art scene are about 'resolution', not 'canvas' (e.g. 320x256 = Amiga, 320x200=MCGA etc.) but none of them was done in less than a week.

Raytheon (Level 5 Lieutenant) @ 8/29/2008 04:15
2 days left and i decide im going to enter lol

this will be the largest piece i ever make

dumbo (Level 4 Mercenary) @ 8/28/2008 07:34
This one should turn out pretty swell!

inkspot (Level 4 Button Man) @ 8/28/2008 05:45
Hehe, Adam, what the hell are you talking about :P
Anyway, this challenge makes up to the face your fear challenge which I missed, so I'll see if I got time to make my vertigo piece after all.

AdamPlays (Level 6 SWAT) @ 8/27/2008 16:01
I'm glad you clarified with "high vantage point" because I was thinking something else...

Raytheon (Level 5 Lieutenant) @ 8/26/2008 03:44
should i do assassins creed y/n

theguy (Level 6 Hitman) @ 8/25/2008 09:50
Seems pretty fun, I will enter just not now... :P

tomic (Level 11 Admiral) @ 8/25/2008 08:28

hey, i've tried something like this a few months ago, nothing beyond a few sketches though. that challenge seems to be a good reason to resume that endeavor.

still have to do something else at first.. or maybe i'll cut some corners and pixel a panda on a radio tower =P

FrostPumpkin (Level 6 Serial Killer) @ 8/25/2008 07:41
I suck at perspective, but this challenge rocks, I will enter :D

PixelSpy (Level 5 Captain) @ 8/25/2008 07:34
This is a good one to practice some perspective.

Blorp icon/pixelartChupacabraGirl icon/pixelartBanished Alchemist icon/pixelartBelinda, fanart from AFK Arena icon/pixelart