Top Rated Pixel Art of 2007

The title says it all... Pixel Joint's top rated pixel art pieces submitted in 2007.

Enjoy and congrats to all the magnificent artists. Your work inspires us all.

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 1/1/2008 15:17  |    27

Opacus (Level 7 Ichikyu) @ 1/5/2008 11:49
Page 9 with my tree. Now i must get a page 1 pixel art this year! gogogo!

FrankieSmileShow (Level 6 Manager) @ 1/4/2008 07:35
ooo. I think id like to have a go at doing trophees... ANIMATED, naturally.

Larwick (Level 8 Regional Boss) @ 1/4/2008 06:23
Wonderfell!
Someone should make some kind of massive crazy sparkling wreath award for the top 3 or 10 people. I can't but it'd be great to see someone else have a go.
I really want to try harder this year..

Feron (Level 4 Mercenary) @ 1/4/2008 03:59
what a fantastic year its been. I think i'll try and upload more in 2008.

Terley (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 1/3/2008 23:52

woot made page 10!  Also spotted two of mine on 19 and 26

Hopefully 2008 will bring some extraordinary work, and hopefully I'll climb up the rankings

congratulations everyone, I could spend an eternity looking through the 2007 collection, but sadly my jaw needs to come up some time or other.

Doomcreator0 (Level 5 Assistant Manager) @ 1/3/2008 12:42
Although everybody seems to forget my pieces and never rate/comment it.

FrankieSmileShow (Level 6 Manager) @ 1/2/2008 17:44
Its very obvious that the community as a whole is getting better on average. I wonder what itll be like in one year.

The B.O.B. (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 1/2/2008 16:03
Competition is a good motivator. Keep at it, listen to some helpful advice, take a break every now and then, and you'll have improved LOTS! Just don't quit! Pretty soon, you'll kick all our old asses outta' the pixel scene with the right attitude....

soda (Level 10 President) @ 1/2/2008 13:12
Yeah, this will definitely motivate me to got on the list.  I have only been doing this since June, mind you.

Stickman (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 1/2/2008 12:52
Well done everyone! There's some absolute corkers in that list. 2008 will be even better :)))

(Thanks Jal. I appreciate that alot )

MashPotato (Level 7 Underboss) @ 1/2/2008 12:34
In addition to Wayuki, Buloght, and Fool, let's not forget to congratulate Tomic, Cocefi, Jamon, Jalonso, Ilkke, Emanu, Raynoa, DarkfalzX, Pain, Larwick, Doppleganger, MichaS... and it continues, but I can't type them all!
And everyone who made contributions, even if they didn't make the top list, deserves kudos as well, because striving for improvement is what this site is all about

Jal: you're too nice

Doomcreator0 (Level 5 Assistant Manager) @ 1/2/2008 12:02
Now I have some motivation to make a really good pixel that just might get within the top 20 pages of 2008.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 1/2/2008 10:50
Going through the pages some fantastic things I'd forgotten got freshed in my memory.

stickman, rocks.
arithmetician sure is funny.
Lawerence finally has received some notice.
Frankie can't animate and is a total lozer.
and the biggest thing is the incredible contribution and addition of Mash and her work.

*personal props to Myk who also joined this year and just rocks my world.

Doppleganger (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 1/2/2008 08:23
18th place and a couple page 3s. That's good for me! Congrats to Wayuki for claiming the number one spot and congrats to Fool and Buloght for earning pretty much the rest of the top 10. :p

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 1/2/2008 00:58
@Faktablad: Who knows if the challenges motivated anyone to create great pixel art, but I certainly like to think they do. :)

crab2selout.png (Level 4 Deputy) @ 1/1/2008 21:52
Congrats, Chanfan. Your zombie mockup made it to page 5!

Faktablad (Level 6 SWAT) @ 1/1/2008 19:30
Looking at the list, it's pretty clear that the challenges have gotten a lot of great pixel art made that wouldn't otherwise have been made.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 1/1/2008 19:29
the fooloughts

greenraven (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 1/1/2008 19:05
Buloght and Fool are pretty much dominating that whole list.

Doomcreator0 (Level 5 Assistant Manager) @ 1/1/2008 18:36
I'm number 6 of 2008 though. Mwuahahaha.

soda (Level 10 President) @ 1/1/2008 18:26
I didn't.  :(

Doomcreator0 (Level 5 Assistant Manager) @ 1/1/2008 18:11
I'm going to see if I got in. Though I probably didn't :S

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 1/1/2008 16:46
well, i made it to the page 22 :D

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 1/1/2008 16:03
Woopsie doodle. Link is fixed now.

Panda (Level 3 Stalker) @ 1/1/2008 15:38

This should work, he just missed the /pixels/ part

Bisque (Level 3 Sergeant) @ 1/1/2008 15:28
yup me too

The B.O.B. (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 1/1/2008 15:24
The link is jacked, SedgeMANkey...(for me, anyways)

Modern icon/pixelartChupacabraGirl2Kai icon/pixelartTrees and Rocks icon/pixelartFriendly Setting icon/pixelart