Christmas Bug

I've been getting some complaints from people who have been getting wildly inaccurate color counts on PNG files on Pixel Joint and I finally got a chance to look into that today.  It's definitely true and I am very sorry for that.  Until we can get the color count for PNGs fixed DO NOT trust the count.  Bring it into a program like Photoshop to get an accurate count.

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas!

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 12/25/2007 14:19  |    9

drZool (Level 6 Serial Killer) @ 1/1/2008 15:02
The color count code is in a ASP.NET Webservice, it sends the info along with the separate frames to flash.

surt (Level 11 Godfather) @ 12/30/2007 02:53
Is the server-side colour count ASP accessible or do you just mean in the Plajer?
I've been looking into writing some colour count on submission code but if the code's already there it'll save me the trouble.

drZool (Level 6 Serial Killer) @ 12/29/2007 06:55
I made the pixel plajer and the server side code for color count, if there is a bug I can fix it. But I haven't heard any complaints until this "news". When I'm officially asked to fix it I'll take a look.
I might even add a feature to view the palette and/or download as textfile.

The B.O.B. (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 12/27/2007 18:08
Morganne wins for corniest joke of the year..

Morganne (Level 4 Murderer) @ 12/25/2007 17:17
Does that make it a Bah-hum-bug?

surt (Level 11 Godfather) @ 12/25/2007 16:49
Functionality should really be on submit and stored. Having to launch Plajer is annoying and you can't trust user supplied data.

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 12/25/2007 16:07
no...go into the pixel plajer (by clicking on any of the actual artwork in the gallery)...and click the little i on the bottom left-hand corner

Edit: MoD made a nice simple colour counting program just the other day. Find it here

greenraven (Level 2 Hired Gun) @ 12/25/2007 16:03
Mod only feature, I reckon.

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 12/25/2007 15:51
I'm confused... does PJ count it for you or something?

Piranha Plant icon/pixelartApple Tree icon/pixelartHexScene icon/pixelartChupacabraGirl2Kai icon/pixelart