Challenge Voting: Selective Outlining

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 10/22/2007 00:01  |    8

Opacus (Level 7 Ichikyu) @ 10/22/2007 09:40
Why should I bother in making a pixel for a contest I don't like? Who sais I have time to do it in the first place? In fact, who sais I don't have a work in progress in my pixel art map that I didn't finish? Try to think about the question you ask before you ask it.

And why respond so offensivly against a non-insulting a post? What's the point, trying to start an arguement aint gonna help solve anything. In fact, let's just give it a rest before it gets outta hand.

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 10/22/2007 09:29
sel out is just a tecniwue, but not like cubism, or hyperrealism. rather than a technique, is just a tool in the pixeling process. one that's wuite hard to understand, and even more harder to achieve. its ok, we can't expect 30 submissions per challenge, even withput the pixelween arround. but jeez, you don't even made an efort.

Opacus (Level 7 Ichikyu) @ 10/22/2007 07:54
Your entry is quite lovely, but it would have been twice as good without the selout you know?
I mean it in the way that selout is not a good looking technique, not that the artists are not good.

MashPotato (Level 7 Underboss) @ 10/22/2007 06:32
Look, I know you guys don't mean to be offensive, but to be honest you're being rather insulting to the competitors (and I would think that even if I hadn't made an entry myself).  If you don't think selout is a good technique, then fine... but I tried, and I believe others did also.
I'm not mad, btw, even if I sound like I am

tomic (Level 11 Admiral) @ 10/22/2007 04:02

oh dear.. i fear, we have to put the blame on ourself for this.. lazy bastards we are.

dunno, pausing the weekly challenges during pixelween would have been a good idea (though i have to confess that haven't yet started anything for pixelween)

no offense against those who submitted something of course

Opacus (Level 7 Ichikyu) @ 10/22/2007 02:55
It's like a challenge of who can make the worst piece of art wins. :\ Selout suxxors (No offense against the contenders.)

skamocore (Level 11 CEO) @ 10/22/2007 00:59
agreed. haha...Maybe I should have whipped something up quickly...I probably could've got an award...50/50 chance

mikl3 (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 10/22/2007 00:32
worst challenge ever

Inscrutible Glyph/Scrutible Glyph icon/pixelartRed icon/pixelartNo title icon/pixelartOldStuff2 icon/pixelart