Knytt Stories released

Are you looking to waste a few hours running around a pixel fantasy land?

Well indie game maker Nifflas might have just what you're after. He makes addictive adventure games that are largely based around exploration. The majority of the artwork is rendered in very simple pixel art. Nifflas' latest release, Knytt Stories, is a compilation of several smaller games.

Well worth the download.

Posted by iSTVAN @ 8/30/2007 07:31  |    15 | Source

DJD (Level 4 Button Man) @ 9/12/2007 21:46
Gah, screw you newspost. This stuff is right up my alley and completely addicting. I've just finished the 3rd party packs and have nothing left to do. The ambiance of the games are wonderful for a short half an hour to an hour break you have in the day where you just want to relax a bit.

OMGFossil (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 9/1/2007 03:18
i should probably make a cool level or something sometime

raelz (Level 1 Rookie) @ 8/31/2007 16:54
within a deep forest should rule the world
knytt stories ... i like it, as i like every game by nifflas, but it is pretty much the same as knytt, with more gameplay.. I would say 85%, instead of deep forest's 120% :-)

isatche (Level 1 Rookie) @ 8/31/2007 13:25
I like the game pretty much. Kill me but I dont know why it reminds me soooo much on Another World from amiga. I cannot find similarities, yet it is on my mind all the time when I am playing this game.

Lawrence (Level 10 Operative) @ 8/31/2007 12:57
I can't find the purple key :(

Corel (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 8/31/2007 09:23
very good game!

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 8/31/2007 07:51

Its like the Old Ecco The Dolphin on the Sega Genesis.. it had wonderfull graphics and sound, but its gameplay was hated by some and loved by others, due its long exploration process in huge enviroments...

iSTVAN (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 8/30/2007 18:09

I see what Wolverine and Zenobia are saying, but I still enjoy the game for what it is. I agree that the graphics may not be the most pleasing and the narrative leaves a lot to the imagination. However, I love the pace, the inclusion of non-enemy characters, the engrossing sound scape and the tight engine.

And thanks for fixing my mistake B_P

Jim The Wonder Dog (Level 1 Thug) @ 8/30/2007 14:58

pixeling is nice but sound design is just brilliant

AdamPlays (Level 6 SWAT) @ 8/30/2007 14:11
I think that this is a real masterpiece.  The music is breath-taking and the gameplay is cute and fun.  Fun Free Game =

ben2theedge (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 8/30/2007 13:52
The Knytt games are a testament to what good sound design can do.

Quar (Level 4 Murderer) @ 8/30/2007 13:37
I was waiting for this game for such a long time and it's well worth that wait. It's just as good, if not better, than the first one. Plus, the enemies are really neat. I also had tons of fun with the level editor, you can make some pretty large worlds with it.

Zenobia (Level 1 Rookie) @ 8/30/2007 10:27
It's not particularly exciting, but I enjoy the freedom. The pixels are the same. Not very interesting, but pleasurably smooth.

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 8/30/2007 09:49
I dunno, I played it a lil earlier and I grew tired of it as I had done with the older game.  I just couldn't find much to enjoy.  Know some people like this kind of thing, but I was looking for more... I dunno... anything.  I don't even particular like the art in that game but thats ok.

Blueberry_pie (Level 7 General Manager) @ 8/30/2007 09:44
It's Nifflas, not Niffla :p Edited it for you.

Knytt Stories is fantastic. Most stories can be completed in an hour or so, and even though the gameplay is pretty much the same all the time it never gets boring. The way you can run, jump and climb almost everywhere really gives you a great sense of freedom.

Glass of cola icon/pixelartPretty Busy - Rework icon/pixelartEurydice icon/pixelartfurther dota heroes icon/pixelart