Daily Deviation for Weekly Challenge

In the attempt to bring pixel art out of the dumpster at deviantArt, Shonegold and I have been burning the midnight oil (well, not at the same time since we are on opposite sides of the earth).  Many ideas have been coming up, and Shonegold has come up with a winner...

Starting now, any person who wins the weekly competition here at PJ, will also recieve a Daily Deviation IF they have a dA account and submit their piece.

Day by day, dA is starting to get back into the Pixel Art game...

Posted by Ensellitis @ 8/4/2007 06:01  |    24

ShoneGold (Level 1 Rookie) @ 8/27/2007 06:11
Very pleasing to see raynoa's work so well received. Over 260 favs and around 5,500 viewed his work.

ShoneGold (Level 1 Rookie) @ 8/20/2007 10:29
Congratulations to raynoa for winning the Pixel Joint Weekly Challenge. There was some awesome work in this week's challenge.

Just to clarify something if I may.....only the winner of the PJ Weekly Challenge can get the DD as the Winner but that does not mean that at some later stage other work that didn't win may well get a DD but it just won't be featured as the PJ winner.....so please folks, upload your work....you never now. You guys have some amazing work that should be shown off as  DDs at some stage.

Last weeks PJ Challenge winner Istvan got over 250 Favs plus around 5,700 viewed his work.

ShoneGold (Level 1 Rookie) @ 8/12/2007 22:25
Let's see who wins the Aussie Challenge this week....I hope they have an account at dA. For those who don't know, membership is free. If you are a subscriber you get to put up a pretty CSS in your journal and display thumbs.

So come on, help me pimp PJs with the weekly challenge winner, I will mention it is the winner of Pixel Joints Weekly Challenge when I give the DD...so it is all good publicity for PJs and I get to show off some quality pixel art...got to be a win all around. If the winner is on dA please remember to link back to PJs in your artist comments.

Hey raynoa I like your sunset. :)

Anyway better get back to those bloody miscats....!  See you all soon!

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 8/6/2007 06:57
as easy as that.

Gas 13 (Level 9 Boss) @ 8/6/2007 04:52
Wow, so serious :)

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 8/6/2007 03:36
only the winner will get a DD, period.  if they dont have a dA account, then no one will get a DD that weekly competition

Gas 13 (Level 9 Boss) @ 8/6/2007 02:23
What if the winner doesn't have an account but runner up do? Just curious

GingerStu (Level 1 Private) @ 8/5/2007 14:43
I got a DD  for my Nelson's Column piece last week and I've had over 2500 views and 150 favourites since (most of those in the first day). It was a great buzz to see my DA account suddenly get a massive influx of visitors. :)

raynoa (Level 5 Soldier) @ 8/5/2007 13:17
Hmm, sounds very interesting. "Daily Deviation" is good featuring of art at DA. But it's too hard to win weekly compo there at PJ ;)

iSTVAN (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 8/4/2007 18:13

My DA account is very neglected. I also like the idea of an easy PJ to DA shared gallery- although it's probably more work than it sounds to code such a conversion.

Fortunetely I'm half finished on my entry for this challenge!

Gas 13 (Level 9 Boss) @ 8/4/2007 16:18
For those who think it's senseless.

I found several clients via dA. DD is a very good way to get noted.

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 8/4/2007 16:00
I just wish there was an easy way to transfer all my pixel art to my deviantart gallery. I cant seem to keep up with both of them. It would be cool if PJ had a feature like that.

inkspot (Level 4 Button Man) @ 8/4/2007 15:56
I already had mine a few weeks ago when I registered in DA. Page itself was quite dissapointing though, navigation was a mess for a stupid boy like me.

CircleOfTheDarkOnes (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 8/4/2007 15:36
That's pretty sweet, actually.

Womped (Level 3 Hatchet Man) @ 8/4/2007 11:57
Interesting. Might dig out my dA account, then.

Shawn (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 8/4/2007 11:50
Sounds like an awesome idea. It'll definately get more people to enter the weekly challenges. I could use some noticing on DA but theres a very little chance of me winning any challenges here. :P

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 8/4/2007 11:26
Your a hero of the pixel art world.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 8/4/2007 11:23
Well, that certainly sounds like a very nice bonus.  Great idea Ens/Shonegold!

Stickman (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 8/4/2007 07:11
Actually there doesn't seem to be many entries at the moment for this Aussie comp (I might give it a go myself)

Blick (Level 6 Commander) @ 8/4/2007 06:44
Good idea indeed.
Maybe I will enter a challenge.
But don't hold your breath.

Monsoon2D (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 8/4/2007 06:41
Essentially, your art will be showcased on the site for a 24-hour period. It's a great way to get noticed.

I guess I'll give dA another shot.

Stickman (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 8/4/2007 06:35
I'm probably going to really embarrass myself for asking this question, but what does it mean by  a "Daily Deviation"?

umcelinho (Level 1 Thug) @ 8/4/2007 06:31
that's excellent news!

Skull (Level 11 CEO) @ 8/4/2007 06:23
Sounds like a worthwhile idea!

Nessa (Pokemon Sword/Shield) icon/pixelartSkillTree icon/pixelartDread Engine - Sons of Peril icon/pixelartOldStuff icon/pixelart