Into the Pixel: An exhibition of the Art of the Video Game

"The Into the Pixel exhibit features 16 exemplary works of video game art, selected by a panel of jurors from a field of submissions gleaned from artists around the world. The exhibition offers an opportunity for published video and computer game artists to be reviewed and recognized by the public and by their peers in both the art and video game milieu."

The 2007 collection has been announced and will be on display at the E for All Expo at the L.A. Convention Center, October 18-21st.

Go to the ITP website to view the 2007 collection online.

Posted by drZool @ 6/23/2007 15:08  |    17 | Source

ben2theedge (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 6/29/2007 14:02
My bad... I read this article in bits and pieces at work... which is probably not a good platform to be launching accusations from...

Skull (Level 11 CEO) @ 6/29/2007 10:28
That's cool.
A great mix of styles.

pixelblink (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 6/29/2007 10:27
ben2theedge: nowhere does it state that it is pixel art. The word pixel has been used for work outside of our little artform. Regardless of that matter, I think this a is pretty cool thing to do. Concept artists laregly get lost on the sidelines when the games come out and their art goes unnoticed by the general public.

drZool (Level 6 Serial Killer) @ 6/29/2007 06:54
I posted it for inspiration. In my self occupated mind I thought it would be obvious that it was.

Stickman (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 6/29/2007 06:23

I don't think it's meant to be a pixel art exhibition. I think it's just an exhibition showing different art from games. The title "Into the Pixel" is probably just a name to suggest to people that it is to do with computer games.

ben2theedge (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 6/29/2007 06:07
Maybe if you're gonna have a pixel art exhibit, you should hop on Wikipedia and learn what pixel art actually is...

Stickman (Level 7 Sheriff) @ 6/28/2007 23:48

"The Boy Who Went Forth to Learn What Fear Was  "

Imagine that as a sidescrolling platform game!

maintrix (Level 1 Rookie) @ 6/28/2007 20:58
that´s very interesting, but I think that doesn´t pixel art, they made digital ilustrations that is  diferent at the way we work. I think the pixel art is an old school of game makers, long live to the NES, GB and Snes images.

ZeroFive1 (Level 5 Rokkyu) @ 6/28/2007 19:27
I think it looks like that is because they used the actual game (Darwinia) to make the pixel ocean thing.

Zhou9 (Level 1 Rookie) @ 6/28/2007 19:21

Oh, I thought so.

The dragon is certainly interesting. Nothing too amazing, though.

Setzer (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 6/28/2007 19:09
View over the Pixel Ocean was actually my favorite :/ Second is that dragon one.

iSTVAN (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 6/28/2007 18:11
No Zhou9, none of them are.

Zhou9 (Level 1 Rookie) @ 6/28/2007 18:10
Wait are these all pixel art?

HMC (Level 7 General Manager) @ 6/28/2007 17:30
Those are awesome. 'View over the Pixel' ocean looks like an amateur 3d render, though. :\

iSTVAN (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 6/28/2007 17:12
My  favourite was The Boy Who Went Forth to Learn What Fear Was.

Monkey 'o Doom (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 6/28/2007 16:44
Wow, this stuff is amazing. Pretty much all of the pieces qualify as friggnamazing.

Stare icon/pixelartXarthraX the Undefeated icon/pixelartBowser - Super Mario World icon/pixelartShocked Invader icon/pixelart